Are you the one who wants to lose weight while eating junk food? Well, today is your lucky day, because this is possible! As I was thinking about losing weight, I worried about food constraints, workout strength, and scheduling. I kept on researching for easier and adaptable methods and I learned some amazing and unique weight loss tips.
Weight loss does not always associate with body image. It is also a means of being healthy for some and a professional requirement for others. All we need is motivation to act. Remember why you want to do this and DO NOT BE AFRAID to start now. Baby steps are fine and the results will amaze you!
If you are working from home like me, you must have plenty of time and resources. If not, all the more reason for you to read my tips. Imagine yourself after achieving your desired weight! I am losing at least 3KGs per month since then!
- First dose: Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 medium-sized lemon. This tonic not only helps in weight loss but also helps in the proper digestion of your subsequent meal or breakfast.
- The 5-minute breaks: If you don’t have time or interest for 40-60 minutes of continuous exercise daily, 5-minute breaks are very important for you. This way, you don’t have to plan or do every exercise in one go. Whenever you are sitting or standing for long hours, take a 5-MINUTE GAP EVERY HOUR to practice some easy weight loss ‘Yogasanas’ and do some stretching. You can also play a song and enjoy aerobic dance for 5 minutes. Maintain the intensity. Remember, unless you sweat, you have done little. If you take at least 8 breaks a day, you are giving 40 minutes to it daily, which is ideal. If you have time, you can escalate the duration of the break. If you are in an office and you can’t do it there, do it in the lounge, bathroom, parking basement, or terrace. You know you can find a place. *winks*.
- Walk: If you are not in quarantine, wear a mask, and instead of driving, walk to the nearby stores for buying grocery or stuff which is available nearby, instead of driving. (You are also helping in environmental protection.) If you do phone calls, walk every time you are on a call. Stop just sitting or standing while you talk on call.
- 3-hour meal plan: You need to do your homework and maybe need some help with it. Search and note the healthiest recipes which are also tasty. Choose one for each meal and stick the plan on your kitchen wall. The food needs to be tasty, otherwise unwanted cravings! Your meal plan goes like this: Eat small portions of food every 3rd hour. Yes, that’s just it!
- Tiffin: Keep a tiffin filled with fruits, and have them in between the meals whenever you feel hungry. Eat them, make juice or shake. But do not add sugar. You can also freeze it and eat it like ice cream. Vegetable juices are also a very healthy option. I suggest, eat the fruits and drink the vegies. The sweet taste of fruits compensates for the sour taste of vegetable juice.
- Eat junk food: Yes, you can, but in calculated proportions. If you are okay with not eating junk at all, it’s best. Otherwise, plan your junk diet as well. Out of your favorites, make a list and ideally have one meal of junk in every two weeks. If it’s difficult, make it once a week. Remember, only one meal of junk. Don’t overeat. Don’t force yourself into not eating junk for months. Because if you do, there is a 70% chance of you snapping and eating junk every day due to long-standing cravings.
- Celebration: Sunday is not an exception. Celebrate your Sunday by relaxing, dancing, and a bit of exercising. Work your body out for a minimum of 40 minutes. Sunday is not an excuse for unplanned junk. Keep track of your parties, so that you can plan your junk meal accordingly.
As the World Health Organization states, “Health is a state of complete mental, social and physical well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” And Gautam Buddha knew “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear.”