“yoga is the art work of awareness on the canvas of body, mind, and soul.“
Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and scince of healthy living. The word ‘Yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’ which means ‘to unite’.
Yoga is a practice of mind and body . Yoga is combination of physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. It involves movement, meditation, and breathing techniques to promote mental and physical well-being. There are several types of yoga and many disciplines within the practice.
Yoga offers physical and mental health benefits for people of all ages. If any person is going through an illness, recovering from surgery or living with a chronic condition, yoga can become an integral part of their treatment .
A yoga therapist can work with patients and put together individualized plans that work together with their medical and surgical therapies. That way, yoga can support the healing process and help the person experience symptoms with more centeredness and less distress.
Benefits of YOGA
• Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility
• Yoga helps with back pain relief.
• Yoga can ease arthritis symptoms.
• Yoga benefits our heart health.
• Yoga relaxes us , which helps us sleep better.
• Yoga can help us to gain more energy , positive thinking and brighter moods.
• Yoga helps us manage stress.
• Yoga connects us with a supportive community.
• Yoga promotes better self-care.