Harry potter doesn’t need an introduction. Speaking of Harry Potter, Potterheads are one of the biggest fandom in the world. Harry Potter and its eight movie parts were adapted from the Harry potter books by J.K. Rowling.
1. Harry potter’s parents James and Lily are soulmates because the patronus charm is a physical representation of one soul. Because James sister and Lily’s is a doe they are a perfect fit together. Professor Snape was in love with Lily his patronus transformed into a doe when she died.
2. Rowling has said that if voldemort saw a boggart it would embody his own corpse since death was always his greatest fear. Boggart is immortal shape shiffting non being that will took on the form of its observers worst fear.
3. Dumbledore is an old English word foe “bumblebee”. Rowling said she chose this name because she pictured Dumbledore humming to himself.
4. Rowling has said that she almost reneged on her promise to herself to keep the Golden Trio alive (Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley) and almost killed Ron in Deathly Hallows. That time when she “wasn’t in a very happy place” in her life. She now believes that she wouldn’t really have been able to go through with it, but at that time she considered it “out of sheer spite” or to desire to harm someone.
5. When Fred and George Weasley bewitched snowballs to hit Professor Quirrel’s turban they were unwittingly hitting Voldemort in the face.
6. On the 10 year anniversary of Harry’s parents’ death and the first time Voldemort was defeated, 31st October 1991, he and Ron saved Hermione from the troll in the bathroom. This is generally regarded as the day the trio became friends.
7. Sirius Black and Fred Weasley, two tricksters from different generations, both died laughing.
8. In Prisoner of Azkaban, Trelawney refuses to sit at a table with 12 other characters because she would be the 13th and the first one to get up after that would die. In Order of the Phoenix, 13 members of the order are sitting and Sirius is the first to stand.
9. In Deathly Hallows, Harry notes that Ron and Hermione had fallen asleep holding hands. Hermione’s Patronus is an otter, which sleep holding hands with other otters. Incidentally, Ron’s Patronus is a Jack Russell Terrier, known for chasing otters.
10. Rowling has admitted that Dementors are a physical depiction of her own debilitating experience with depression during her twenties.
10.The first Harry Potter book was published in 1998, the same year the final Battle of Hogwarts was fought. Rowling has said, “I open at the close”.
11. Harry Potter books might not have come to fruition if her mother hadn’t died. “The books are what they are because she died … because I loved her and she died.”
12. Controversial author J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter” books-turned-movies are a cultural phenomenon.
13. Rowling found inspiration for the setting of “Harry Potter” in Edinburgh, Scotland.
14. The Hogwarts School Motto is Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus which translates as “never tickle a sleeping dragon”.
15. The only spells and incantations that appear in Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone are Wingardium Leviosa, Petrificus Totalus, Alohomora and Locomotor Mortis.
16. In the books Harry Potter is described as having green eyes but Daniel Radcliffe has blue eyes. He tried wearing green contact lenses but found it uncomfortable and trying to make his eyes green post production didn’t look convincing. JK Rowling said the only thing that mattered was that his eyes should be same colour as his mother’s.
17. Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone contains 77,869 words. There are 1,100,086 words in the entire series.
18. There were three owls on set for the first film all of them playing the role of Hedwig. There were seven different owls used in the films overall; Gizmo, Kaspar, Oops, Swoops, Oh Oh, Elmo and Bandit.
19. Having only written four of the books at the time filming started, Rowling was brought on as a creative consultant to make sure the movie did not contradict her plans for the remainder of the series. To this end, she revealed plot elements she had not yet written to Alan Rickman, whom Rowling had hand-picked to play Snape. This included the reveal of Snape’s love for Lily Evans, from the climax of “Deathly Hallows.”
20. If all the Harry Potter books sold were laid out in a line they would go around the equator over 1.6 times. And the line gets longer by the day!