•Brazil was discovered in 1500
•Became independent in 1822 of Portugal
•Became a republic in 1889
•Most of the people speak Portuguese.
•One of the largest economy in Latin America and the 8th largest economy in the world;
•Average growth of approximately 4.7% per year;
•Growth driven by internal demand and by investments in infrastructure and housing;
•Investments projected to grow by at least twice the rate of GDP in the coming 4 years;
•Most modern banking system on the planet
•Represents approximately 20% of national industrial output;
•More than 2.8 million formal workers;
•More than 170,000 licensed companies;
•Accounts for nearly 41% of fixed investments in Brazil.
- Population: 213 million people live in Brazil (2021)
- Capital: Brasilia, with 4.2 million inhabitants is the country’s fourth largest city. The
- largest city in Brazil is Sao Paulo with about 22 million inhabitants.
- Name: Republica Federativa do Brasil, Federative Republic of Brazil
- Government: Democracy, Republic
- Language: Portuguese
- Literacy: More than 91% of the people can read and write.
- Religion: mainly Christians (Roman Catholics 65%, Protestants 22%)
- Currency: 1 real=100 centavos
- National symbols: Jaguar (national animal), macaw (national bird) and cattleya orchid (national flower), national colours: green, yellow and blue, the constellation of the Southern Cross
- National anthem: “Hino Nacional Brasileiro“
- National Holiday: 7 September (Independence Day)
Categories: Culture and History, Economy, World
You must be logged in to post a comment.