UNIT PLAN 3 COUNSELLING
3.1 Meaning , Need, aims and objectives of counseling , Significance of counseling at the secondary level. Types of counseling, Directive, non-directive (client centered) and Eclectic.
3.2 Models of Counselling .Meaning-categories of models(brief description only);1)model emphasizing action (behaviourist school) 2)model emphasizing exploration and understanding (Freud , Rogers, Transactional analysis, Gestalt Therapy).
3.3 Transactional analysis (Eric,Berne) meaning –background-Egostates-Types of transaction-Games-Scripts-Psychological positions.
3.4 Neuro-Linguistic programming(NLP,Richard Bandler &John Grinder)
1. Enumerate various definitions of Counselling.
2. What is counseling? State the objectives of counseling. Explain the significance of counseling at the secondary level.
3. Explain the role of teachers in counseling.
4. In what situation counseling is required?
5. What are the elements of counseling?
6. Differentiate between guidance and counseling.
7. Differentiate between counseling and psychotherapy.
8. What are the needs and requirements of students which require counseling?
9.What is directive counseling?
10.What are the main feature of directive counseling?
11. What are the steps involved in directive counseling?
12.What are the merits and demerits of directive counseling?
13.Differentiate between directive and non-directive counseling.
14.What do you mean by eclectic counseling?
15.Briefly explain different types of counseling models.
16.What is client centred therapy?
17.Explain humanistic approach to counseling.
18.Enumerate the characteristics of behaviouristic approach to counseling.
19. Explain psycho-analytic approach to counseling
20.What is TA (transactional Analysis)?
21. Write short notes on a) Types of analysis in TA b) Script c)Life positions d) merits and demerits of TA e) T A process f) Mechanism of TA psychotherapy.
21.Describe Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
22.Explan Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy.
23. Explain the major techniques of NLP.
24. Write short notes on –a) swish b)rapport c)Anchoring d)reframing e)ecology and congruency f) parts integration g) Uses of NLP.
Appropriate time needed – 20 hrs.