Global Warming has become Climate Change now. Our world is now being pushed into the brink of extinction due to rising industrialization, deforestation and urbanization. Countless activists, individuals, scientists and environmentalist began an outcry about the tremendous hazard we are causing to the world, owing to our activities.
Even though many people are taking serious actions to reduce the impact on the earth, damage is still being done. We can even feel the effects of such damages as a result of climatic disasters, pollution, soil erosion and extinctions of several species in the flora and fauna.
Many people have switched to sustainability and veganism to reduce their carbon footprint. Apart from these steps, there are certain steps we can take to reduce the footprint. These steps are simple to follow and can be followed by anyone.
Read on the steps below-
- Recycle- Most of the stuffs we buy from commercial groceries are either sold in plastic containers or packets. We can instead choose to buy the products in glass containers. They can be expensive for sure but this is the least we can do to help. Plastic is the most hazardous object for the environment so we must at least substitute plastic for other sustainable choices. Recycling plastic and other materials help to reduce waste and harmful emission from industries and reduce your footprint. It also reduces the need to use natural resources to create new products for use.
- Compost- If you are able to, compost appropriate food and products. This is a process by which organic substances are decomposed and provide nutrients to the soil. Substances like fruit peels, tea bags, vegetable scraps can be easily decomposed. This is also great for the soil and it will make it fertile. It also prevents soil pests.
- Buy sustainable food products- Food production for the growing population causes huge deforestation and loss of wildlife. Agricultural production of meat and dairy not only causes deforestation but also uses a large amount of energy. Try navigation away from a meat-dominated diet and buy locally sourced and produced food items. These options are more sustainable and uses less energy for transportation.
- Support eco-friendly companies- As a consumer we can choose to support eco-friendly and sustainable companies. Their products are sustainably sourced. Many of these brands use a portion of their profits towards the conservation of the environment.
- Stay informed- As we sit at home, we are drawn to the screens most of our time. We have all the information we ever need at our fingerprints so take time to go through them and knowledge yourself about the environment and how to save them. Expose yourself to articles like these. Knowledge is power so it is wise to be aware.
- Donate to the right organization- There are many orgnizations that are tirelessly working to protect our plant. If you can, volunteer for the right organization and help to save our planet. Create as much awareness as you can.
These were some of the easy tips to help save this planet. Always do your best.