• An integrated rice field or rice field and pond complex .
• Fishes are grown concurrently or alternately
with rice .
• Fish – deliberately introduces/ fishes may enter
fields naturally from surrounding waters when
flooding occurs/ mix of both. • Allows the production of fish and other aquatic
animals, from the same rice field area without causing reductions in rice yields
• Readily available paddy fields can be utilized .
• Can serves as an off season occupation for farmer .
• Fish serves as an excellent agent for integrated Pest Management (IPM) .
• Fish – increase soil productivity and boost
the production of paddy.
• boosts productivity and income from unit area
Rabha tribe .
• Scheduled tribes of India.
• Mainly inhabit Assam and West Bengal .
• Live in small, isolated groups commonly called
as Rabha Basti .
• Indian journal of medical science
HbE – a haemoglobin variant, is found in
high incidence among the Rabha tribes
(PS – For Anthropology optional)