What Is Salesforce?
Salesforce started as Software as a Service (SaaS) CRM company. Salesforce now provides various software solutions and a platform for users and developers to develop and distribute custom software. Salesforce.com is based on multi-tenant architecture. This means that multiple customers share common technology and all run on the latest release. You don’t have to worry about the application or infrastructure upgrades – they happen automatically. This helps your organization focus on innovation rather than managing technology.
The platform integrates all the domains such as marketing, sales, customer service, supply chain, data analysis, and many others so that customers can have an integrated view of the business. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is an application that manages the company’s relationship with its customers. In other words, CRM is a tool through which the company and its employees can analyze customer interactions, churn rate, buying patterns by maintaining a database. This database consists of the customer’s distinct attributes, i.e. their ids, past buying history (orders), and many other details. Hence, this application helps the companies understand consumer behavior and analyze where to invest in boosting up their profits and minimizing the losses. Moreover, it also helps manage a huge database of the customer and maintain a healthy relationship with them.
- A customizable product for managing accounts,contacts, and business opportunities
- Facilitates collaborating conveniently with partners using chatter
- A SaaS product for browser-based access and is also available as a mobile app
- Offers a range of cloud-based tools to increase productivity and manage leads better
- Lets users keep all the customer information on one platform that includes marketing, lead generation, sales, customer service, and business analytics
- A platform that enables users to deliver smarter, faster, and more personalized service to their end- users across multiple channels – on any device
- Facilitates users to automate service processes
- and streamline workflows
- Offers users a call center-like look and feel where they can automatically route and escalate the important cases in addition to creating and tracking them
- A product that enables marketers to create and manage marketing campaigns
- Includes solutions for customer journey management, email, mobile, social media, web personalization, advertising, content creation, content management, and data analysis
- Journey builder – to plan and customize to improve client cooperation over the client life cycle
- Social Studio – to listen, publish, and engage in building meaningful relationships across social channels
- Mobile Studio – to reach customers at the appropriate time via SMS, MMS, push messaging, and group messaging
- An online platform that allows companies to connect customers, partners, and employees with each other
- Enables companies to simplify business processes both internally (across departments) and externally (with customers and partners) – enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business ecosystern
- Better connectivity and interaction among employees across departments, offices, or countries
- Enables employees to find information easily about onboarding, payroll, and IT troubleshooting anytime with the help of HR and IT Help Desk
Advantages of Salesforce
Along with the desktop version, Salesforce cloud solutions are also available on the mobile devices which give SMEs an easy access to customer data, lead-generation process, social profiles, contacts, and more. The collaboration capabilities of the app allow the SMEs to keep the team updated on the deal status and seek support whenever required.
The automated workflow feature of Salesforce accelerates the sales process and enables SMEs to assign tasks, make suggestions, and respond to approval requests (such as order placements, discounts, and expenses) anytime, anywhere.
The built-in social tools of Salesforce help SMEs drive the sales by letting sales representatives and staff members collaborate with each other. Open discussions and sharing of data, insights, and files are easy with this platform, which further enhance the productivity of the workforce.
SMEs can expand the core functionalities of Salesforce by integrating with third-party apps and software solutions, in order to reap the maximum potential of the platform and achieve a single integrated collaborative business process management environment.
Salesforce facilitates SMEs to keep an eye on their key business metrics and make critical decisions from anywhere. With the drag-and-drop reporting tools (including real-time graphs and charts) of Salesforce, generation and analysis of reports are easy. Since these reports are also showcased in the dashboard, it takes no time in retrieving the data soon after login.