A teacher is someone who sees everyone’s potential and believes that there is a leader in all. A person who helps others to acquire knowledge, competencies or values. It may be formal or informal.
WHAT MAKES A PERSON A TEACHER?
- A teacher is someone who understandably cares.
- A teacher is someone who is not afraid to have conversations with his/her students.
- A teacher believes that their story will inspire.
- A teacher will motivate the students to achieve higher AIMS.
- A teacher helps students to realise their inner strengths.
- A teacher teaches you how to lead.
- A teacher show you that you are not weak and can achieve much more.
- A teacher makes his students realise the importance of time management.
ROLE OF A TEACHER
The role of a teacher in the educational set up is very important. It is a two way process i.e. student and teacher, use like the two sides of the same coin. it is beyond argument that a teacher is the backbone of the society, country and the educational system. He/she represents whole of the society in school which is a sub-society or mini society. The citizens of tomorrow are his/her students and the future of the country lies in their hands. Teacher’s is also a social reformer who guides the student in this regards and removes the social evils. According to Vedic period they are ‘spiritual preceptor’. Teacher is a ‘learning facilitator’.
“YOUR BEST TEACHER IS YOUR LAST MISTAKE”
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
A good teacher must have a very good personality; there is no second thought about it. Students always get attracted to teachers with good personality which leads to better communication, understanding and ultimately good results. Another important characteristic of good teacher is his/her knowledge and own education. There is saying that ‘a’ teacher is only as good as his knowledge.
One of the very important characteristic of a good teacher is the communication skills. He/she should be a very good speaker, this characteristic will provide benefits in several ways. For example: Firstly, if his/her communication skills are good, he or she can convey lectures with better skills and result. Secondly, if he/she is a good speaker, the class strength increases automatically. People love to hear a person who can speak well enough and there is always a shortage of good speakers in this world.