St. Teresa\’s College was founded in 1925 with a small batch of 41 students. It was the first women\’s college of the erstwhile Kochi State and the second in the whole of Kerala by the Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters of St.Teresa. B.A. classes in History with Economics as subsidiary subject began in June 1927 with 10 students. The college celebrated its platinum jubilee on December 4, 2000.