Another sad thing happened, the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput left his fans into shock. Born on January 21, 1986, hailing from Patna Bihar. He was a well-known dancer and actor, popularly known for his remarkable role as MS Dhoni. He died on June 14, 2020. The actor committed suicide, the reason is said to be depression.
Swapped to acting- He was pursuing his bachelor’s degree at Delhi Technological University, an idea of opting for a career in acting rose up when he enrolled for dance classes. As soon as his classmates were interested in attending drama classes, this enthusiasm of his fellow mates made Sushant to join drama classes. And that’s where he found his ambitions towards acting.”I found the experience liberating. I realized that I could communicate with the audience. I
knew I wanted to do this forever.” Soon after his joining, he became a part of Davar’s familiar dancers.
● In 2005 he was chosen as a background dancer at 51st Filmfare Awards.
● In 2006 he went to Australia with the same dancing group for the opening ceremony of CommonWealth games.
● Till then he was fed up with engineering and was happy and successful in drama and dance classes, so he dropped out of engineering and opted dancing and acting as his career.
● To give a lift to his dreams, he headed to Mumbai and joined Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre. During this course of time, he starred in a TV advertisement for Nestle Munch.
● In 2008, he got an opportunity to audition and ended up being Preet Juneja in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil.
● 2009 was a fortunate year for him, Rajput began starring in Pavitra Rishta. His work was extremely appreciated and won three major television awards for the best male actor and most popular actor.
● In 2010, Sushant was a part of dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha 2 and another dance-based reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4. He was doing these shows while he was shooting for Pavitra Rishta.
● In 2011 he decided to quit Pavitra Rishta.
● In 2013 he auditioned for Abhishek Kapoor’s Kai Po Che! and was assigned as one of the lead actors. The movie was based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel The 3 Mistakes of My Life. The movie came out to be a great success. To his acting, Rajeev Masand wrote: “…it’s Sushant Singh Rajput, making his film debut as Ishaan, who it’s hard to take your eyes off. The actor has an indescribable presence and it’s clear from his confidence and distinct likeability that a star is born.”
Later he was filmed in Shudh Desi Romance(2013), then a significantly minor role in PK (which
was a highest-grossing film), Detective Byomkesh Bakshy(2015), M.S. Dhoni: The Untold
Story(2016) for which he was nominated for Filmfare awards for Best actor, Raabta(2017),
Kedarnath(2018), Sonchiriya(2019), Chhichhore(2019). He was working for Dil Bechara but due
to pandemic, it was halted.
On June 14 actor Sushant Singh was found dead. The reason came out to be a suicide. The reports also say he was suffering from depression from the last 6 months, though no suicide note is found yet. Also, Karan Johar blamed himself for not being in touch with the actor. His former manager Disha Salian also died on June 9, just 5 days before the demise of actor Sushant. In the movie Chichore, he portrayed a beautiful theme “Suicide as not an option to handle troublesome situations” but ended up dealing with the same.
Film Industry lost another magnificent actor!
His smiling face will be missed.
Categories: Entertainment, News
You must be logged in to post a comment.