WHAT IS PLANNING?????
Planning is a common term which focuses on pre deciding the things which we have to do later. Not only deciding the things but also planning includes thinking of the ways by which we can complete a particular plan successfully. It is an important parameter of the management and we need to plan things in the every sphere of life so that we can go on accordingly. Planning is the combination of creativity and innovation. Planning is done to perform any task effectively and efficiently so that there is no hurdle between the complete process of the task which we wish to perform. In the business world, it is said that planning acts as a bridge to reach the position where we wish to reach.
STEPS OF PLANNING
Planning is not an easy task rather it is a combination of several steps. The complete process of planning has been divided into 7 different steps which are mentioned below –
- To set objectives i.e. to decide where we aim to reach. It is basically aiming the destination. Every organization has some targets and thus has to complete them so setting objectives is the first and important step of the planning process.
- To develop premises i.e. to set assumptions. No work is completed without a risk and assuming things. So premises are basically assuming what can be done. So making those assumptions is the next step.
- To identify alternative courses of action is the third step i.e. once the objective has been set and assumptions have been made, then it is the time to identify and think the proper course of actions which must be performed to reach that particular aim.
- To evaluate alternative course i.e. to think of the advantages and disadvantages of each course of action and to find what alternative can work for it if that would not happen.
- The next step is to select the best alternative which would be suitable according to our aim. The best plan is adapted and implemented.
- The next step is to implement the actual plan which has been thought of yet. This is the step where actually planned course of actions take place and where actually the work is done by the individuals.
- The next and final step of the process of planning is to follow-up the actions. In this step all the validation and verification occurs that whether the planned process is going on with the same flow or not. Also it is seen that whether the plan needs any change or it should go on like that only.
IMPORTANCE OF PLANNING
- Planning tends to reduce the uncertainty of occurring a process.
- It is very essential to provide a proper direction to the plan.
- Planning helps to promote innovative ideas and thus the planned work is done more efficiently.
- Planning helps in decision-making and dividing the equal amount of work to each individual of the group or team.
- Planning reduces confusion at any level of the process.
- Planning helps in setting some goals and thus an organization does better work.