Mango is not only a tasty fruit eaten in the summer season but also reaped with various health benefits. Mango is now making people crazy not only in India, but also across the world. Mango varieties like Dussehri, Langra, Chausa, Kesar, Badami, Totapuri and Alphonso are very much liked in India.
Health benefits of mango –
1. It is rich in vitamins and minerals –
Mango contains vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Vitamin K present in it is beneficial in blood clots. The iron present in it also prevents anemia. Mango also makes our bones strong.
2. Rich in vitamin A
Mango is also rich in Vitamin A. There are so many benefits of eating a mango that it can meet almost 25 percent of the daily requirement of vitamin A. Vitamin A is also very important for reproduction and immune system in the body.
3. Helps in quick recovery
In the current era of COVID, the demand for fruits containing vitamin C for immunity has increased. Mangoes are also rich in vitamin C, which is important for forming blood vessels and healthy collagen. Apart from this, mango helps in fast healing of any kind of wounds of the body.
4. Helps in digestive process
Mango is such a fruit that maintains our digestive system. Amylase compound and dietary fiber in Mango also provides relief from constipation. Amylase compounds help in the digestion of foods and dissolve hard starches.
5. Boosts immunity
Mango is a good source of immune-boosting nutrients.
One cup (165 grams) of mango provides 10% of your daily vitamin A needs.
Mango also contains folate, vitamin K, vitamin E and several B vitamins, which aid immunity as well.
6. It helps in fighting cancer – Mangoes contain antioxidants such as quercetin, fisetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, gallic acid and methyl gallate. All these properties protect our body against breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer and leukaemia.
7. Helps in alkalizing the body – As mangoes are enriched with tartaric and malic acid and contain traces of citric acid, it helps in maintaining the alkali reserve of our body.
8. Prevents heat stroke – This summer fruit also helps in preventing heat stroke. Eating it cools you down instantly and hence refreshes you. Add this ‘super fruit’ in summer and stay cool during the got weather.
9. Contains high iron content The high iron content in mango is a natural remedy for anaemic people. Also, women should eat mangoes to increase iron level and calcium content in their bodies.
10. Improves concentration If you find it difficult to concentrate and have low memory, then gorge on mangoes. They not only help in improving your concentration but also boost your memory.
Mango is delicious, versatile and easy to add to your diet. However, it can be difficult to cut due to its tough skin and large pit. There are various ways where one can add mango to their daily diet.
Like adding to your smoothies, or making mango ice creams, thick shakes or fruit custard. However we need to keep in mind that mango contains high amount of sweet so its recommended to add 1-2 mangoes per day.