The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, popularly known as BITS Pilani, was established in 1964. It is a Deemed to be University for higher education. BITS Pilani is accredited by the NAAC with ‘A’ Grade with a 3.45 CGPA. In addition, BITS Pilani is ranked among the top 10 Engineering institutes in India by India Today 2020 Ranking survey.
The campus of BITS Pilani is sprawled over an area of 328 acres and is equipped with all necessary facilities. It specifically emphasises research and development and considers it as an integral part of its higher education ecosystem. The Centre for Material Science & Technology, Embedded Controller Application Centre and Centre for Robotics and Intelligent System are a few among many research centres that are there at BITS Pilani campus.
BITS Pilani provides decent infrastructure throughout the college. Following are the key highlights:
- Hostels: There are eleven hostels for boys and one hostel complex for girls.
- Sports: Swimming Pool, Volleyball Court, Tennis court, etc.
- Laboratories: Civil Engineering Lab, Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Design Lab, Electrical Lab, Electronics Lab, Mechanical Lab, Physics Lab, Petroleum and Petrochemical Lab, etc
- Library: Library has room for up to 8,000 students, offers 738 open-access study places and 246 open-access IT work stations. As well as the books and periodicals you expect, it is home to computing facilities for students.
- Other facilities: Gym, Cafeteria, Wi-Fi campus. AC Classrooms, etc.