Following a routine is a killer for your soul. Who doesn’t dream of traveling to different places and gaining new experiences and knowledge or do you want to spend your entire life in the same place you grew up in and see the same bunch of people every day and eat the same type of food you’ve always eaten? Because giving excuses to yourself for having no time and money isn’t good enough.
“The core of man’s spirit comes from new experiences” a famous dialogue from the movie ‘Into the Wild’ talks about the same thing; having new experiences. The world is a beautiful place and there are many natural and man-made beauties which you just cannot miss seeing. The world has many picturesque towns, beautiful beaches, museums, and many other incredible destinations which you should not miss before you die.
Today I am going to discuss with you and suggest you 10 most incredible destinations which you can add to your bucket list.
1.Get off the grid at Venice, Italy– It is an ancient small town built on a lagoon. It is the most visited travel destination. It has the most number of bridges in the world and it is also famous for its canal routes; no wonder it’s why called ‘City of Canals’ & ‘ The floating City’. It is one of the most picturesque cities in Italy. You can easily get lost here while traveling as it’s mapped like a labyrinth. There are many hidden routes and shortcuts but all worth exploring. The cafes in Venice are just like any other cafe in Italy. You’ll find people mostly start their day standing at a bar where they drink coffee with croissants. This city is full of life adorned with stunning art and beautiful architecture.
2. See the coral life at The Great Barrier Reef, Australia – It’s the first coral reef system to be awarded World Heritage status. No wonder why it is one of the seven wonders of the world. There are more than 1500 species of fish. You can also spot Nemo too. Snorkeling and diving are the things tourists mostly come here for. It is one of the best experiences in the world.
3. Eye Capturing Cappadocia, Turkey– The name is derived from a Persian word called katpaktukya meaning ‘the land of the beautiful horse’. Horses hold a special place in the lives of the people who live there. These locals also use horses as an alternative mode of transport for the tourists. This place is like nowhere on earth. The main attractions are the stunning landscapes, the Goreme Cave Churches, underground cities and of course the hot air balloons.
4. Mesmerising Meteora, Greece– Meteora meaning ‘ suspended in the air has earned its popularity from the vertical rocks which have turned and twisted with time into bizarre and yet beautiful rock formations. Here the monasteries which are placed atop these rocks appear as if they are hanging in the air like shown in fairytales. You can go to Meteora if you are looking for a relaxing getaway.
5. Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia – Salar de Uyuni is located in Bolivia is one of the most beautiful and remarkable vistas of South America. It is the world’s largest salt flat area stretching more than 4050 square miles of Altiplano. To experience the breathtaking mirror effect most tourists visit this place in the rainy season which lasts from December to April. This is also a heaven for photographers as the endless horizon allows them to play with perspective and depth of field.
6. The magnificent Grand Canyon, US – This wonder of nature extends up to 277 miles. Here the tourists come from all over the globe to take part in a range of activities. The Grand Canyon also offers breathtaking panoramas and stunning sights. Tourists usually come here for hiking, experiencing the iconic mule trip, rafting, etc.
7. Aurora Australis – To see this is truly once in a lifetime experience thing. While we all know about the famous northern lights called the Aurora Borealis we hardly talk about the southern lights. These lights can only be viewed from the southern latitudes and can only be seen within a limit of a 30-degree latitude line. this phenomenon makes the sky look magical. There you will find the sky dancing in green and red light.
8. The pyramid of Giza, Egypt – The pyramids have always been a mystery. People usually travel to visit the pyramid of Giza to travel back in time, to see Egypt’s beautiful landscapes and its vast deserts. The Egyptian civilization is one of the oldest civilizations of the world and as it is one of the 7 wonders of the world this fact itself should be the reason enough for you to include it into your bucket list.
9. Swing at the ‘ End of the World’, Banos, Ecuador – The swing is located on top of a mountain alongside the Tungurahua volcano. This became a tourist destination for its picturesque location.
10. Maui, Hawaiian Island – Maui Island is part of an archipelago and is the biggest island in Hawaii. It has become a tourist spot for its beauty and the dormant volcano which adds to the adventurous fun for the tourists to visit it.