What is AI?
Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence exhibited by machines based on the premise that intelligence is not ‘real’ or human’. It mimics cognitive functions exhibited by humans such as learning and problem-solving.
What is the scope of AI?
Jobs related to AI will increase exponentially in the coming days. It helps to find smart solutions to the problems in various fields in medicine, agriculture, education, security, and so on.
Applications of AI
- Machine Learning includes Deep Learning- Neural network
- Vision includes Image & pattern recognition- Facial recognition
- Hearing includes Voice and speech recognition
- Natural Language Processing(NLP) includes Natural Language Understanding(NLU)- Natural Language Generation(NLG)
- Expert Systems
We are currently using the following AI-based applications:
- Image recognition: Recognizes objects, places, people, and actions in an image.
- Speech recognition: Allows humans to use their voices to communicate with the software.
- Language translation: Translates a word or sentence from one language to another. Ensure that the translated word is culturally and linguistically correct.
- Product analysis: Enables companies to leverage data to reveal user engagement with products or services and tracks the activities, likes, and dislikes of the user.
- A/B testing: Determines the version of a webpage and compares two versions and delivers better performance.
- Sentiment analysis: Analyze a piece of text to determine the writer’s attitude. It can be categorized as positive, negative, or neutral.
Let’s see few examples of Artificial Intelligence
- SIRI: Siri is a popular personal assistant offered by Apple which uses Machine Learning and Voice recognition.
- COGITO: It improves the intelligence of customer services by analyzing the human voice emotion and provides real-time guidance.
- NETFLIX: Uses predictive technology and provides the user with movie recommendations based on the user’s likes.
Use of Artificial Intelligence in society
“AI is a huge benefit to the society as it enhances the efficiency and throughput while creating new opportunities for revenue generation, cost savings, and job creation.”-Anand Sampat(Datmo)
‘Robots and AI will destroy jobs’ is nothing but fiction and not fact. But instead, AI creates job opportunities in the market.
“The unparallel combination of human and machine will become the new normal in the workforce of the future”– Matthew Lieberman
The presence of Artificial intelligence enhances our lifestyles and creates efficient businesses.
“Machine allows humans to do the most interpersonal and creative aspects of work”-Chalmers Brown(Due company)
AI platforms will provide real-time insights combined with the explosion of computer power.
“Smart homes will reduce energy usage and provide better security for humans. Marketing will be more targeted and health care will become more effective with smart devices”.– Naresh Soni
Start-ups using Artificial Intelligence
- NEST: Alphabet Nest uses AI to learn a home owner’s habit resulting in a reduction of energy consumption. It adjusts the house temperature according to the weather hence energy consumption can be controlled.
- COMFY: Comfy offers services for reducing energy consumption in office buildings.
- PG&E: Pacific gas and electric company(PG&E) connected 200,000 solar customers, accounting for one in every four houses with solar rooftops.
AI benefits multiple Industries and society will be benefitted from the use of facial recognition, digital content analysis, accuracy in identifying patterns.
“AI risks are real if we don’t understand the quality of the incoming data and set AI rules which are making granular trade-off decisions at increasing computing speeds”-Mark Butler
Facial recognition: Facial recognition is a biometric technology used to identify human faces and can be used for security purposes.
Snapchat differentiates between images of objects, pets, sports, and food. It suggests relevant borders and stickers. Identifies your location and suggests location-based filters.
Snapchat filters use Machine Learning and image classification techniques called Convolution Neural Networks(CNN).