Vitamins and minerals are very important for everyone to be fitter and healthier. It is very important to consume the food which is rich in vitamins and minerals. And there are many side effects of not consuming vitamins and minerals like vitamin deficiency. Vitamins and minerals are good source of energy.
Nutrients are very important to consume and have good cause. An individual must prefer nutritious food than the junk food. It is very important to eat the fruits and vegetables rather than eating the high calorie food.
Many of the people does not include those fruits and vegetables in their diet. When they do not include the fruits and vegetables it leads to the malnutrition sometimes.
Types of vitamins :
There are 13 essential vitamins. They are vitamins A,C,D,E,K, and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid , biotin,B6, B12, and folate). Vitamins have different jobs to help keep the body working properly. Some vitamins help you resist infections and keep your nerves healthy, while others may help your body get energy from food or help your blood clot properly.
Food sources :
* vitaminD from fatty fish, fish liver oils, fortified milk products, and fortified cereals.
* vitamin B12 from meat, fish, poultry milk, and fortified breakfast cereals. Some people over age 50 have trouble absorbing the vitamin B12 found naturally in foods. They may need to take vitamin B12 supplements and eat foods fortified with this vitamin.
* calcium is a mineral that is important for strong bones and teeth, so there are special recommendations for older people who are at risk for bone lkss. You can get calicium from milk and other dairy, some forms of tofu, dark green leafy vegetables, soyabeans, canned sardines and salmon with bones, and calcium – fortified foods.
* Magnesium is found in foods containing dietary fiber, such as green leafy vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts and seeds. Breakfast cereals and other fortified foods often have added magnesium. It is also present in tap, mineral, or bottled drinking water.
* pottasium is found in fruits, vegetables, meat, and dairy foods. Foods high in potassium include dried apricots, lentils and potatoes. Adults get a lot of their potassium from milk, coffee , tea and other nonalcoholic beverages.
* preparing your own meals at home without using a lot of processed foods or salts will allow you to control how much sodium you get.
* vitamin B6 is found in a wide variety of foods . The richest sources of vitamin B6 include fish, beef liver, potatoes and other starchy vegetables, and fruit ( other than citrus).
* vitamin A can be found in products such as eggs and milk. It can also be found in vegetables and fruits, like carrots and mangoes.
* vitamin C is found in some of the best fruits and vegetables. Citrus fruits, tomatoes, and potatoes can be large source of vitaminC
* vitamin E can be found in nuts like peanuts and almonds and can be found in vegetable oils, too. It can also be found in green vegetables, like broccoli and spinach.
* vitamin B1 in meat- especially pork- and fish. It’s also in whole grains and some fortified breads, cereals, and pastas.
* vitamin B2 in eggs and organ meat, such as liver and kidneys, and lean meat. It is found in green vegetables, like asparagus and broccoil.
* vitamin B3 can be found in some types of nuts, legumes, and grains. It can also be found in poultry , beef, and fish.
* vitamin K can be found in many foods including green leafy vegetables, like spinach and kale and in some fruits, such as blueberries and figs . It can also be found in cheese, eggs and different meats.
* Folate can be found in vegetables and fruit, such as broccoli brussel sprouts, spinach, and oranges. It can also be found in nuts ,
Most of the teenagers consume junk food instead of eating the healthy food that is the fruits and vegetables. The junk food contain some preservatives in it and they’re also rich in fats and carbohydrates which are not so good. Doing a mistake is acceptable but doing the mistake even after knowing the truth is a bad one. So, all the teenagers must know the need of the situation and must bring the awareness among the people who are addicted to the junk food. They must motivate the people who are in it all the time.
Categories: Book Review, Courses, Culture and History, Economy, Editorial, Education, Entertainment, Entrepreneurship, Health, Jobs, Learning, Literature, News, News Update, Science, Services, Skill Development, Sports, Tech, Training, Western, World
You must be logged in to post a comment.