Nelson Mandela was a South African anti apartheid Revolutionary Statesman.
He served as president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.
Nelson Mandela was first black head of state and the first elected in a fully representative democratic election.
Nelson Mandela is known as Gandhi of South Africa.
Nelson Mandela was born on 18 July 1918.
We died on 5th December 2013.
Nelson Mandela International Day is celebrated on 18 July every year.
Today is 103rd birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela.
Nelson Mandela opposes the racist system of Apartheid in South Africa and dedicated his life to establishing social equality for all.
Nelson Mandela was awarded the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.
He involved in anti colonial and African Nationalist politics, joining the AMC in 1943 and co-founding its youth league in 1944.
In 1962, He was arrested, imprisoned and subsequently sentenced to life imprisonment for conspiring to overthrow the state following the Rivonia trial.
He served 27 years in prison.
- Nelson Mandela was also known as Madiba.
- Nelson Mandela was birth name Rolihlahla Mandela.
- Nelson name was given by his Primary school teacher.
- In 1931, he begin his College degree at University College of Fort hare.
- Nelson Mandela was expelled for participating in a protest against the universities policies.
- Nelson Mandela received his law degree from University of South Africa in 1989.
- The king of his village threatened him and his cousin with arrange marriages but they both ran away.
- Nelson Mandela along with his fellow AMC member established South Africa’s first black law practice in 1952.
- Nelson Mandela was banned from leaving the country
- In order to leave the country he used the name David Motsamayi to get out of country in secret.
- In prison, he was mentor to to other prisoner and taught them about nonviolent resistance.
- Nelson Mandela believed that sports has the power to change the world, it has the power to inspire,. It has the power to unite people in a way that letter else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where one there was only dispair. It is more powerful than government in Breaking Down racial barriers.
- He was released from prison in 1990 by president Frederick William De klerk.
- Nelson Mandela was 76 year old when he was elected as president of South Africa.
Theme of national Mandela International Day 2021
- The theme of this year is One Hand Can Feed Another.
- Last year’s theme was Take Action, Inspire change.
- The theme highlighted the importance of Government and citizen working together to build a peaceful equitable and sustainable world for all.
- No pre installed Google application on new phones, read more about CCI and Google case.Google has been making the headlines with hefty fines imposed by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) in recent months, alleging the company of abusing its position as a market leader with Android, and not allowing other companies to grow on the platform. Google has been legally battling these accusations in the […]
- Unfortunate happenings in West BengalAfter 34 years of Left –front rule (communist rule) in West Bengal a political change took place in 2011 in the State. The people of West Bengal expected lots of development from the new government under the leadership of Mamata Banerjee, the first woman Chief Minister of the State. When I […]
- Stock market highlights. Will it crash?Benchmark equity indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty extended their losses for the second straight session on 27th January amid heavy selling in index heavyweights including Reliance Industries, Adani Enterprises and Adani Ports among others. The 30-share index Sensex traded over 1,800 points down at 59,108 against the 60,978.75 mark […]