The Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority(HMDA) is the urban planning agency of Hyderabad in the Indian state of Telangana.The HMDA administers the Hyderabad Metrolitan Region, spread over area of 7257 km2 and covers the districts of Hyderabad,Medchal, part of Rangareddy, Bhuvanagiri, Sangareddy, Medak and Siddipet.The purpose of planning, co-ordination, supervising, promoting and securing the planned development of the Hyderabad Metropolitan Region.
This work has taken up by the HMDA on the Tank Bund road, progressing at a brisk place.The intiative was taken up to elevate it’s look and create facilities for citizens.
Outer Ring Road
HMDA built the Outer Ring Road at a cost of 6696 crores. The project started in 2005 and was completed in May 2018.
Hyderabad Master Plan 2031
The Hyderabad Master Plan 2031 for Hyderabad Metropolitan Region covers an area of around 5965 Sq.Kms., which consists of:
- Extended area of HMDA of 5018 Sq.Kms.
- Areas covered by Outer Ring Road Growth Corridor i.e., 1 Km belt on either side of ORR (330 Sq.Kms) earlier notified vide G.O.Ms.No.470 MA dt:09.07.2008.
- Areas covered by Part of Erstwhile HUDA Area outside Outer Ring Road Growth Corridor (432 Sq.Kms) earlier notified vide G.O.Ms.No.288 MA dt:03.04.2008.
- Portions covered by Part Hyderabad Airport Development Authority Master Plan, outside Outer Ring Road Growth Corridor (185 Sq.Kms) earlier notified vide G.O.Ms.No.287 MA dt:03.04.2008.
- Areas covered by Master Plan for Bhongiri earlier notified vide G.O.Ms.No.242 MA dt:11.05.1989.
- Areas covered by Master Plan for Sangareddy earlier notified vide G.O.Ms.No.32 MA dt:12.01.1988.
The Hyderabad Master Plan 2031 (HMDA Master Plan 2031) envisages a population of 184 lakhs by 2031, work force of 65 lakhs, the present trends of developments, the Inner Ring Road, the Outer Ring road and radial roads.
The HMDA master plan 2031 of hyderabad has proposed a radial-concentric structure of development with new urban nodes and urban centers in all directions to promote balanced development in the Hyderabad Metropolitan Region with a Peri Urban Zone all along the urban area, hierarchy of circulation network to cater to the present and future travel needs of population and activities.