5) Alibaba: Alibaba.com is a Chinese multinational technology company specializing in e-commerce, retail, internet, and technology. Its initial public offering (IPO) became the world’s largest IPO ever. They enable businesses to transform the way they market, sell and operate and improve their efficiencies. They also provide the technology infrastructure and marketing reach to help merchants, brands and other businesses to leverage the power of new technology to engage with their users and customers and operate more efficiently. It is based in Hangzhou, China and was founded in 1999 by Jack Ma. The current CEO is Daniel Zhang. The e-commerce giant had a market cap of $581 billion on June 30, 2020. In 2019, Alibaba’s revenue amounted to $56.15 billion.
4) Tencent: Tencent Holdings is a Chinese multinational technology conglomerate holding company. They globally market various Internet-related services and products, including in entertainment, artificial intelligence, and other technology. It is well known for its apps, online games, advertising, and messaging services like WeChat. It is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and was founded in 1998 by Ma Huateng, Zhang Zhidong and Chen Yidan. Huateng is still the CEO. On June 30, 2020 Tencent had a market cap of $614.68 billion and its 2019 revenue amounted to $56.6 billion.
3) Facebook: Facebook is the world’s most popular social networking site according to NASDAQ. They build technologies that help people connect with friends and family, find communities, and grow businesses. They also own WhatsApp, Instagram, Oculus and Onavo. It is based in Menlo Park, California and was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, who is also the CEO. It had a market cap of $647.15 on June 30, 2020 and reported a total revenue of $70.7 billion in 2019.
2) Alphabet: Alphabet Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate and is the parent company of the multinational technology giant, Google. It was created through a restructuring of Google on October 2, 2015, and became the parent company of Google and several former Google subsidiaries. It was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin and is now headquartered in Mountain View, California. Alphabet’s current CEO is Sundar Pichai. Google had a market cap of $964.51 billion on June 30, 2020 and reported total revenue as $161.86 billion in 2019.
1) Amazon: Amazon is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry. The company has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, as well as the world’s most valuable brand. It was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos and is headquartered in Seattle. Amazon’s current CEO is Andy Jassy. It had a market cap of $1.38 trillion on June 30, 2020. In 2019, it reported $280.52 billion in revenue.