Its scientific name is Daucus carota. It is a root type of vegetable. It is crunchy, sweet in taste. It is highly nutritious and very healthy for our body. It is a widely known vegetable. It comes with many colors like white, Orange, yellow, red and purple. Let’s take a look at the nutrition value of carrot ––
Nutrition value: If we take an average quantity of raw carrot, we get the following nutrition –
- 0.6 gram protein per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 0.2 gram protein per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 6.8 gram of carbohydrate per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 6.6 gram sugar per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 2.8 gram dietary fiber per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 8.72 microgram vitamin A per100 gram raw carrot.
- 174 mg potassium per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 0.12 mg Vitamin B6 per 100 gram raw carrot.
- 21 mg of folate per 100 gram raw carrot. Carrot is a very good source of Beta carotene, vitamin A, Vitamin B6, folate, fiber , lycopene and Alpha carotene. It contains 88% water in its body and so many antioxidants. Carrot also gives 156/37 kilo joule energy per calories per 100 gram raw carrot. Carrot is one of the big source of dietary fibers , Vitamin A ,starch .
How to Eat A Carrot : Carrot is a mostly used as a salad ingredient. It can be eaten raw or cooked but raw carrots are most nutritious one. Carrot juice are the most effective among them. Carrot leaves have so much Vitamin C then carrot root. Carrot leaves are also used as garnishing ingredient of salads, soup and other dishes. It is used as herb.
- Beta carotene and Alpha carotene have the power to prevent various cancer like breast cancer, colon cancer , stomach cancer. So, the risk of Cancer is reduced by carrot .
- Carrot helps to reduce bad cholesterol in blood and prevent heart disease.
- It also helps to maintain blood sugar level in blood .So carrot is very good for diabetic patients.
- The vitamin A and fiber helps to deposit excessive fat in our liver and nourishers liver.
- The antioxidants ,Vitamin A and beta-carotene of carrots make human skin glow and youthful. It also fight against sin damage of skin ,aging effect ,wrinkles ,dry skin problems etc.
- Carrot helps to increase immunity power of body & prevents the common dieses like common cold to attack our body .
- Carrot contain very low amount of calories so carrot helps to lose our weight & used as aided vegetable .
- Vitamin and beta-carotene are good for our eyes and prevent blindness.
- Vitamin K ,which is able to find in carrot strengthen the bone strength of our body and heals the broken bones crack in faster speed.
- Carrot contains big amount of Vitamin A .Vitamin A is very good for our oral system .It helps to clean our gum & teeth .The minerals in carrots prevents the tooth damage & cavities for its anti bacterial property .