If one thing is known to help you get through a tough week or month, it is travelling. Travelling gives you the much needed break from the hustle and bustle of life. Even if that’s not the case, travelling is very essential for your self growth. It opens up your mind and makes space for new thoughts and adventures. If you are planning your next trip, Mumbai would be the place for you. The city is a combination of beaches and mountains, and there is nothing better than that.
When you think of Mumbai, the first place that pops up in your mind is Lonavala. Monsoon and Lonavala go together like peanut and jelly. Lonavala is a place you think of when you are planning a weekend long trip to unwind from your daily life. This place has something to offer for everyone. The huge landscapes are great for kids to play on, the mountains are a treat for adrenaline junkies, forts and caves for our history lovers and last but not the least a place with breathtaking views for all those who are just looking to relax and sip their drink all day. Needless to say, Lonavala is much more than a hill station. There are several tourist attractions which you don’t want to miss. Some of the best places that will surely make your holiday more interesting are:
- Tiger’s Leap- Situated near I.N.S. Shivaji Base, Lonavala: This spot is an attraction for people who are into trekking and hiking. The waterfall in the valley is an added advantage. The sound of water rushing down the mountain is all you need to forget everything about your work.
- Bhaja Caves- Situated in Bhaja village of Lonavala: This spot is believed to be one of the oldest caves in India and has been declared as a national monument. There are 22 entrances to the cave. The architectural design of this place is something you wouldn’t want to miss.This place is a real gem for everyone who is interested in knowing more about India’s trade history.
- Bhushi Dam- Situated near I.N.S. Shivaji Base, Lonavala: Bhushu dam is just a 15-minute drive from Tiger’s leap. It is a magnificent dam built in the 1860s. It is situated on the Indrayani river in Lonavala. The place is always crawling with localities and tourists and to enjoy your visit it is suggested to go during the monsoon season when there are light rains.
- Rajmachi Fort- Situated in Rajmachi Village, Lonavala: This spot undoubtedly tops the list of the favorite tourist destination with its breathtaking view. Visitors trek to reach the highest point and all the hassle is totally worth it.
- Lohagad Fort- Another tourist favorite destination would be the Lohagad Fort. It is 52 km from Lonavla and is close to other sites such as Bhaja Caves and Karla Caves.
- Pawna Lake- Situated 30km from Lonavala: This spot is best for camping and picnic. Its wide landscape offers a breath of fresh air and much-needed peace and calm.
Lonavala is no wonder the favorite tourist destination. This place is a hot-spot for the localities to escape their daily life and enjoy everything that the place has to offer, be it the nature or the history lessons. Doesn’t matter if you enjoy gazing the stars or watching the sunrise, Lonavala is the place for you.