Nearly everyone enjoys music , whether by listening to it , singing , playing instrument. But despite of this universal interest for music , schools are removing music from the list of their subjects that are taught in the schools. Are schools on right path ? Is this decision is in favor of students? NO , they are doing a big mistake ! Schools are not only loosing an enjoyable subject but a subject which enrich students life & help them to focus more on their education . Here are the benefits that music plays in the life of a student.
- Musical training helps develop language and reasoning: Students who have early musical training will develop the areas of the brain related to language and reasoning. The left side of the brain is better developed with music, and songs can help imprint information on young minds.
- Students learn to improve their work : music brings craftmanship among students, they learn the presentation part of their work
- Increased coordination: Students who practice with musical instruments can improve their hand-eye coordination. Just like playing sports, children can develop motor skills when playing music.
- Music can be relaxing: Students can fight stress by learning to play music. Soothing music is especially helpful in helping kids relax. A relaxed mind ensures proper work done .
- Music teaches discipline : Music teaches an important aspect of life that is discipline , students have to set aside time to learn the instruments that will make them learn discipline
- Better self-confidence: With encouragement from teachers and parents, students playing a musical instrument can build pride and confidence. Musical education is also likely to develop better communication for students.
Finally, music is an excellent way to relieve stress. This is significant for students who may feel overwhelmed by schoolwork and try to balance extracurricular activities. Studies have found that music can reduce burnout and improve mood states. As students enter into the upper grades of the school system and begin considering applying for post-secondary schools, they might feel overwhelmed with the need to keep their grades high. Even young students can experience stress with the increasing amounts of homework school curriculums require. Some students may also have stressful home lives, and music will offer a way to escape from these situations.
Music helps you increase you memory power . Music is good for your memory. I bet you can remember the lyrics of a bunch of songs much better than an article you recently read. In nursing homes, they started using musical therapy in order to let the elderly remember things of their past, which they couldn’t remember without listening to music.