INDIA is filled with culture, traditions, history, mysteries and facts. Many travellers have India in their bucket list for several reasons.
Here are some facts about India which will force you to visit atleast once in your life.
• India is home to the wettest inhabited place on Earth, Meghalaya, a state in the northeast part of India receives around 12,000 mm of rain every year.
• Famous board games such as snakes and ladders and chess trace their roots back to India. The inventor of the games is not known but, it was created to teach children lessons about karma.
• The biggest cricket ground in the world, Narendra Modi Stadium, is situated in Ahmedabad, India. It has the largest sitting capacity in the world.
• Chenab Bridge, the world’s highest railway bridge is situated in Jammu and Kashmir, India.It is 1178 feet above the water.
• India was the only source of diamonds from the 4th century BC for around 1000 years. Therefore, India was the first country to mine diamonds. They were found in the Krishna River Delta.
• The oldest religion in the world is practiced in India. Hinduism started around 1500 BC. Hinduism has no founder in fact it is a way of living life.
• India has the highest population of vegetarians in the world. Around 30% of the population follows a vegetarian diet. Every restaurant in India will have a vegetarian menu too.
• Kumbh Mela, the largest gathering in the world happens in India once every 12 years. The gathering is so huge that it is visible from space.
• The holy city of Varanasi, also known as Banaras or Kashi is the oldest living city in the world. It is believed that it was once the home of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
• India is the birthplace of Ayurveda and Yoga. It has healing powers and it is famous worldwide.
• The word ‘shampoo’ comes from the Sanskrit word ‘champu’ which means to ‘massage’. Previously, various herbs were mixed with water to form a shampoo.
• The Statue of Unity is currently the tallest statue in the world. It is 600ft in height. It is situated in the state of Gujarat.
• India is the first country to extract, refine and consume sugar. It was found and refined around 2500 years ago.
India is a place of 1.3 billion people more than 6 religions speaking more than rationalized mother tongues, 234 identifiable mother tongues, and 22 major languages, this is the only place in this world where parents and teacher shares a place similar to God. A place that gave the world Taj Mahal, Vedas, yoga, medical science, the number zero.