Many scientists have left their mark in the field of science. Their hardwork have led us to this development. Yes, if those scientists wern’t think of those different ideas, will you be able to live in this cosy and comfortable world. Think of those days, there were no mobile phones, mixer grinder, car and even current. When we think of this, the fullest credits goes to the scientists who invented this right? If there is no Edison, will there be any current now? If there is no Graham Bell, will there be a telephone? Have you ever thought if you can live without current and mobile phones? The answer would be no. Okay, let me get the point. You know about Edison, Graham Bell, Albert Einstein etc., and you know something about them. I will tell you about a scientist who left his mark in the field of physics. Yes. I’m to talk about our Nikola Tesla. He made many breakthrough in the production, application and transmission of the electric power. The first alternating current motor was invented by him. This made a breakthrough in the field of engineering. Come on! Let’s know something about him.
Nikola Tesla was born on 10th July 1856 in Croatia, America. His father, Milutin Tesla was preist in Eastern Orthodox Church. His mother,Đuka Mandić was very talented and she has the power to memorise Serbian epic poems. The crave for knowledge in Tesla came from his mother. Tesla was the fourth child of the family. He had three sisters and an older brother. His brother died when Tesla was five years old.
Tesla said that his interest in demonstration of electricity came from his physics teacher. He has a talent to calculate integral calculus in his head which prompted his teachers to believe that he was cheating. In 1875, Tesla enrolled at the Imperial Royal Technical College, Gauz, on a Military Frontier scholarship. During his first year, Tesla never missed a lecture, earned the highest grades possible, passed nine exams. He even got the letter of recommendations from his dean. After his father’s death in 1879, Tesla lost his scholarship and addicted to gambling. He never get through the final semester exams and didn’t finish of his degree. To hide fact, he severed the ties with his family and his friends thought that he was dead.
TESLA IN THE FIELD OF ELECTRICITY
- In 1884, he reached America with the letter of inrtoduction to work with Thomas Edison, whose DC-based electrical works were fast becoming the standard in the country. Edison hired Tesla and the two worked hard tirelessly on Edion’s inventions. After some months, they two parted their ways due to some issues related to their business.
- Tesla discovered, designed and developed ideas for a number of important inventions which were officially patented by other inventors including dynamos and the induction motor. Tesla designed the alternating-current (AC) electrical system, which had become the prominent power system of the 20th century and has remained the worldwide standard ever since.
- In 1887, Tesla found funding for his new Tesla Electric Company, and by the end of the year, he had successfully filed several patents for AC-based inventions.
- In 1895, Tesla designed what was among the first AC hydroelectric power plants in the United States.
- In the 19th century, Tesla patented Tesla coil, which laid the foundation for wireless technologies and is still used in radio technology today. The heart of an electrical circuit, the Tesla coil is an inductor used in many early radio transmission antennas. The coil works with a capacitor to resonate current and voltage from a power source across the circuit.
Tesla died due to Chronic Thrombosis on 7th January 1943. He died in New York where he lived for sixty years. He worked hard to prove himself in the field of electricity. As the result of his hardwork, he was able to leave his marks in the field of elctricity. These are just a few information given by me. If you began to search on him, you can know various interesting facts about him.