(ii) Physical harms of drugs on body
(iii) Addiction of drugs
(i) Introduction– Different substance affects the body in different ways, but all psychoactive drugs have chemical effects on the human body as well. The short-term effects that occur in drug users depend on the quantity they use and also whether it is mixed with any other mind-altering substances. Drugs have serious effects on the human body. It affects the thinking, mood, energy level, and also behavior of the person and sometimes also makes the human unconscious for several days and even further.
(ii) Physical harm from drug use:- Durg use can lead to risky and or out-of-character behavior. When affected by drug:
• One is more likely to have an accident wherever you are.
• One can commit sexual assault or other violent act.
• One may find unable to sleep, think, remember and solve the problem.
Drugs can also result in long-term health problems that include:
• harm to organs and systems of our body such as throat, stomach, lungs, liver, heart, brain, pancreas, and nervous system, etc.
• May cause cancer or other serious illness.
(iii) Addiction of drugs- All drugs cocaine, marijuana affects the brain. The brain reward circuit is a part of the limbic system. Drugs target this system causing a large amount of dopamine release, this flood of dopamine cause a high intoxication in the brain again and again and also from time to time. Although initial drug use may not be voluntary drugs. But continuous intoxication of the drugs makes the human body addicted to them which may affect the health of that particular person badly. And the addition can also become a cause of murder, robbery cases, etc.
Different drugs, different effects:- The three main types are depressants, hallucinogens, and stimulants.
• Depressants- It slowdowns or depress the functions of the nervous system. They slow down the massage going to and from the brain. In small quantities, depressants can cause a feel relaxed and less inhibited. In large quantities, it can cause vomiting, unconsciousness, or even death.
• hallucinogens- Distort one’s sense of reality. You can see or feel or hear things that are not real, or see things in a distorted way. Other effects include emotional and psychological euphoria, panic, upset, or nausea. Keta mine, LSD, PCP, magic mushrooms, and cannabis are some examples of hallucinogens.
• Stimulants- Stimulate the central nervous system. They speed up massaging to and from the brain, which makes one feel more alter and confident. This can cause an increase to heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.
(iv) Conclusion:- Our body executes a natural cycle. And if we disturb this cycle, then it abruptly affects the working of the body. Taking drugs may sound cool for a while, but can cause serious illness for a lifetime. It can also lead to the death of an individual. Resisting these drugs at parties and celebrations is warned. Especially youth shouldn’t engage themselves in such activities which lead to the massive destruction of the one’s precious life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.