While going completely paperless might not be a reality as of now, but the changes that comes with the modern office are encouraging companies to do so.
A paperless office is a work environment in which the use of paper is eliminated or greatly reduced. it is done by converting paper and other documents into digital form. It is a workplace that has minimal paper-based processes.
BENEFITS OF PAPERLESS OFFICE:
There are many perks of paperless office. Some include
- Strengthened Document Security & Confidentiality
- It has easy access to data.
- Eliminating paper work helps you save money spent on printing and storing documents.
- Less paper waste means decreased carbon footprint.
- Adhere to Audit Guideliness.
DISADVANTAGES OF PAPERLESS OFFICE:
As the proverb goes “A coin has 2 sides” likewise paperless office also has its own disadvantages
- Software Maintenance is a huge problem.
- Legal and Compliance Issues arises.
- Difficulties in Digitalizing Existing Documents.
- Security Risks and Viruses.
WHICH IS BETTER?
In case of paper office, paper documentation simply looks more professional. Paper office is that it doesn’t cost a whole lot of money and its much cheaper. Ultimately, it’s much easier to conduct business with a paper-filled office. In paperless office the amount of clutter that can be reduced. Sending big documents and leaflets to business clients can be done at the click of a button. Documents that may have been misplaced or lost entirely can be found with a quick search of the hard drive. Therefore both has its own side of story. To conclude which one is better is still a debate and also a matter of choice.
PAPERLESS OFFICE A REALITY OR NOT?
In this pandemic, paperless seems more likely and imperative. However road to a fully paperless office seems like a long one as of now but it is definitely possible in near future.