Organic farming is not new in India, it is from the 20th century and it is followed since ancient times it is a method of farming system The main purpose of organic farming is to cultivate the land and in true fitness via use of natural wastes (crop, animal and farm wastes, aquatic wastes) and different organic substances alongside with really helpful microbes (bio fertilizers) to launch vitamins to plants for improved sustainable manufacturing in an eco pleasant air pollution free environment.
As per the definition of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) find out about group on natural farming “organic farming is a device which avoids or generally excludes the use of artificial inputs (such as fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, feed components etc.) and to the most extent viable remember upon crop rotations, crop residues, animal manures, off-farm natural waste, mineral grade rock components and organic gadget of nutrient mobilization and plant protection”.
FAO cautioned that “Organic agriculture is a special manufacturing administration device which promotes and enhances agro-ecosystem health, which includes biodiversity, organic cycles and soil organic activity, and this is executed with the aid of the use of on-farm agronomic, organic and mechanical techniques in exclusion of all artificial off-farm inputs”.
Need of organic farming:
With the make bigger in populace our compulsion would be no longer solely to stabilize agricultural manufacturing however to expand it similarly in sustainable manner. The scientists have realized that the ‘Green Revolution’ with excessive enter use has reached a plateau and is now sustained with diminishing return of falling dividends. Thus, a herbal stability wishes to be maintained at all fee for existence of existence and property. The apparent preference for that would be greater applicable in the current era, when these agrochemicals which are produced from fossil gas and are no longer renewable and are diminishing in availability. It may additionally additionally price closely on our overseas change in future.
The key characteristics of organic farming include:
- Protecting the lengthy time period fertility of soils with the aid of preserving natural depend levels, encouraging soil organic activity, and cautious mechanical intervention
- Providing crop vitamins circuitously the usage of rather insoluble nutrient sources which are made on hand to the plant by means of the motion of soil micro-organisms
- Nitrogen self-sufficiency thru the use of legumes and biological nitrogen fixation, as nicely as fine recycling of natural substances which include crop residues and farm animals manures
- Weed, ailment and pest manipulate relying particularly on crop rotations, herbal predators, diversity, natural manuring, resistant types and confined (preferably minimal) thermal, organic and chemical intervention
- The sizeable administration of livestock, paying full regard to their evolutionary adaptations, behavioural desires and animal welfare problems with appreciate to nutrition, housing, health, breeding and rearing
- Careful interest to the influence of the farming gadget on the wider surroundings and the conservation of natural world and herbal habitats