COVID19 has made us locked in our own houses , & made us suffer boredom . People are finding recreational activities more interesting & trying many new recreational activities . RRecreation refers to all those activities that people choose to do to refresh their bodies and minds and make their leisure time more interesting and enjoyable. Examples of recreation activities are walking, swimming, meditation, reading, playing games and dancing
Ask any health expert and they will tell you that exercise is a cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, getting enough physical activity could prevent one in 10 premature deaths. It can also reduce stress levels, improve sleep and leave us feeling happy.
But when it comes to being more active, many of us don’t know where to start. While some people love lifting weights at the gym and training to run marathons, these strenuous activities aren’t for everyone. In fact, just spending time outdoors has been shown to improve overall health.
FIVE RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES THAT WILL HELP YOU TO SURVIVE THIS LOCKDOWN ARE :
- YOGA : Yoga is the basis of life .
It’s time to roll out your yoga mat and discover the combination of physical and mental exercises that for thousands of years have hooked yoga practitioners around the globe. The beauty of yoga is that you don’t have to be a yogi or yogini to reap the benefits. Whether you are young or old, overweight or fit, yoga has the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Don’t be intimidated by yoga terminology, fancy yoga studios and complicated poses. Yoga is for everyone . Its true , if you do regular yoga , you , your mind , your body will always remain in healthy state . It increases your flexibility , enhance your digestive system, improve you mood , keeps you relax & cheerful . For learning it , you need not to join expensive yoga classes as you can watch the videos on YouTube.
2. GARDENING : If you love planting saplings & plants around you , here is one one more enthusiastic activity for you all , that is gardening . Studies show that gardening can greatly reduce stress levels. What’s more, you can save money at the grocery store by growing your own herbs and vegetables. If you don’t have your own space to garden at home, see if your home town has a community garden. You can also spruce up a small space with window flower boxes. you cam even put saplings in bottles to reuse the , in this way you are protecting the environment in two ways , 1st by reusing plastic bottle & 2nd by planting trees .
3. ART & CRAFT : I know not every body knows how to dram but i feels everybody loves to color . it not only help you paint a beautiful painting but also teaches you patience , concentration . it fills your mind with cheerfulness , & your stress will fly in seconds Expressing creativity and emotions through the arts can be immensely satisfying. Painting and drawing can boost confidence and hand-eye coordination. Arts and crafts also have numerous health benefits: increasing memory and motor skills, stimulating the senses, boosting mood, and triggering positive memories, as well as positively contributing to overall health. Crafts such as quilting, sewing, and scrapbooking are all excellent indoor activities.
4. ONLINE CLASSES : Older adults have many opportunities to learn about almost any topic of interest. Courses are available online, on an audio disc, or DVD. Topics can range from history to music, philosophy, and anything in between. Harvard University and Stanford are offering free online courses to anyone who wishes to participate.
5. READING : A good book can transport readers to new places and create feelings of adventure. Reading provides quiet time, while also exercising the mind. Studies have proven that reading can enhance memory function, reduce stress, and promote better sleep.
Planning a book club with friends can make reading a great social activity. For those with visual impairments or those who prefer not to read, audiobooks are widely available as well.
Categories: Education, Entertainment, Health, Learning, News, Skill Development
You must be logged in to post a comment.