The Internet of things (IoT) describes the network of physical objects that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies that is used for the purpose of connecting and exchanging data with other devices and systems over the internet.
One such example is smart phone. Without even human intervention it is possible to access things through IOT. It can easily transfer data over a network through Internet Protocol (IP) address.
HOW IT WORKS?
IOT is a web-enabled smart devices that use embedded systems to collect, send and act on data they receive. They collect it through an IOT gateway. They can also communicate with other related devices. The device does not need human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. It also uses artificial intelligence to collect data .
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
In such a hectic and busy world IOT helps people by simplifying their lives. It provides businesses with a real-time look and offers smart devices to automate homes. It helps individual to gain complete control of their lives.
BENEFITS OF IOT:
IOT provides multiple benefits in business and multiple industries. Some include
- Helps make better business decisions.
- Saves time and money.
- Helps generate more revenue.
- It cuts down on waste and improves service delivery.
- Easy accessibility.
CONS OF IOT:
Every coin has 2 sides. Likewise, it also comes with its own disadvantages.
- If there’s a bug in the system, the device gets corrupted.
- When the number of connected devices increases then the potential that a hacker could steal information also increases.
- It’s difficult for devices from different manufacturers to communicate with each other
In this weird world where humans have no time for themselves, IOT place an important role in millions of people’s life. A new era has now entered our lives where a man is a slave of technology which is ironically developed the for making human’s work simpler and that’s what IOT exactly does.