Active cases account for 0.46 per cent of total cases, the lowest since March 2020.The active caseload stands at 1,58,817, which is the lowest in 248 days.
India’s daily Covid graph showed improvement today as the country logged 12,514 fresh cases, which is 2.4% lower than yesterday. During the same period, 251 related fatalities were recorded. Active cases account for 0.46 per cent of total cases.
Here are the top 10 updates on coronavirus in India:
- Kerala added 7,167 fresh cases, pushing the caseload to 49,68,657, while the number of deaths rose to 31,681 with 167 more deaths.
- Maharashtra reported 1,172 infections in the last 24 hours, as per the Union Health Ministry data. As many as 20 people died in the state during the day, while 1,399 patients were discharged from hospitals in the last 24 hours and a total number of 64,50,585 patients discharged so far.
- Forty-five new cases were reported in Delhi in the last 24 hours, pushing the infection caseload in the national capital to 14,39,870. No death were reported in the city for the ninth consecutive day. Delhi has recorded only four deaths due to the virus in October.
- Schools in Delhi reopened today after a 19-month break. The government has asked the schools to strictly abide by COVID-19 protocols like wearing face masks and maintaining physical distancing.
- Overall, at least 12,718 people have recovered in the country in the last 24 hours. The total number of people who have recovered is 3,36,68,560.
- Active cases account for 0.46 per cent of total cases, the lowest since March 2020, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.20 per cent. The active caseload stands at 1,58,817, which is the lowest in 248 days.
- The weekly positivity rate of 1.17% per cent is less than two per cent for the last 38 days. The daily positivity rate of 1.42 per cent is less than two per cent for the last 28 days.
- 106.31 cr vaccine doses have been administered so far under Nationwide vaccination drive. About three-quarters of adults in the country of 1.3 billion people have had one shot and 30 percent are fully vaccinated, according to government figures.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a virtual meeting this week with officials of districts where the COVID-19 vaccination coverage is low. The meeting will include districts with less than 50 per cent coverage of the first dose and low coverage of the second dose of Covid vaccine, the notification said.
- the first vaccine maker cleared by India’s drug regulator for inoculation of those aged 12 years and above – has reportedly agreed to bring down the price of its COVID-19 vaccine to ₹ 265 a dose. News agency PTI, quoting a source, however, said that a final deal is yet to be reached on the matter.