Hello guys !!!
Iam going to write about bathukamma festival today.
This festival takes place in Telangana,and some parts of Andhra Pradesh.
The 9-day festivities will wind up on “Saddula Bathukamma” or “Pedda Bathukamma” festival on Ashwayuja Navami, popularly known as Durgashtami which is two days before Dussehra.
Women dress up in sarees and girls dress up in lehanga,half saree .They wear various types of accessories and jewelry .
People of all ages come together and enjoy this festival merrily.They make various prashads(sweet)daily during this 9 day period and attain puja.
They enjoy this festival together with everyone which brings people closer to each other and brightens the mood and vibe of the whole place.
Each day has a special and unique bathukamma which are listed below:
- Day 1: Angili pula Bhathukamma
- Day 2: Attukula Bhathukamma
- Day 3: Muddappappu Bhathukamma
- Day 4: Nanbiyyam Bhathukamma
- Day 5: Atla Bhathukamma
- Day 6: Aligina Bhathukamma (alaka Bhathukamma)
- Day 7: Vepakayala Bhathukamma
- Day 8: Venna muddala Bhathukamma
- Day 9: Saddula Bhathukamma brothers bring flowers to mother and sisters to do bathukamma. – wikipedia
Featured pic taken from: