Wireless Fidelity is the expansion for the term Wifi. It is a wireless network that uses radio signals to transmit internet facilities to the devices closer to the router.
Most people secure their wifi connection with a wise and strong password to restrict too many people from its access. But it is wiser to note down the password as most people forget their wifi password and suffer recovering it.
Here are some of the ways that will help you recover your password:
1) Through router login
One of the easiest ways to recover your wifi password is by logging in to your router setup. It is used to set your password in the first place. This method might not be the most effective way to recover one’s password. However, 98% of the time, this method works. All you need is your router admins’ password. But, if in case you don’t have it, you can search on google for a specific router password
- Grab your laptop, or sit on your desktop. Open your web browser and type the default IP address of most of the routers that are 192.168.0.1.
- A box asking for the username and password will appear. Type the username of your router and password.
- Then the setup for recovering the password open-ups.
- You can now see the wifi password.
2) Through iPhone or Ipad
PassFab iOS Password Manager a powerful and popular software that helps to recover wifi passwords through iPhones and Ipads. Finding ones’ wifi password can be a tricky and risky process. Apple being famous for its security makes recovering your password is a much safer process on iPhones. This method requires a few steps to do the needful.
- Your PC or laptop must have the PassFab iOS Password Manager software preinstalled and connected to your iPhone or Ipad.
- Once you connect your device using a USB cable, begin the scan to initiate the recovery process.
- And as soon as the scan completes, you’ll recover your password. You can also export the password to other applications at your convenience.
3) Through windows 10\8\7
This process of recovery comes with some conditions. The first condition is that you must have connected to your wifi connection through your window/PC at least once. The second condition is that if you have connected your wifi to your windows once and then changed your password, you must connect it again with the new password, else you won’t recover your password.
4) Through file explorer
This recovery process involves any file explorer app that supports root mode.
- Open the app and enable root explorer because this will help to reach the root folders of the wifi password.
- Find a folder named data under it, is a folder name misc. Open it and then open a folder name wifi and there you’ll find a file name wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Then open it and make sure to be careful and make no changes.
- There you’ll have your password.
5) Through mac system
As finding passwords on windows is easy same is the case with mac system. Apple is famous for its security and mac system has an inbuilt feature to store all the passwords making it simple to recover the password.
- Search for “Keychain Access” by accessing “utilities” from “Application”
- The list of login items appears.
- From the left pane of the windows click on ‘Airport Network Password’
- Once you find the wireless network for which you are recovering the password, all the information related to the network will display.
- Click on show password.
These are some of the most effective ways to recover your wifi password. There is a lot of other ways too. Some of them are listed below:
- Through the router’s web interface
- Through wifi key recovery.
- Through command prompt.