ABOUT UTTAR PRADESH :-
Uttar Pradesh acronym as UP is a Northern India state. It is very rich in its bio-diversity and cultural heritage. Hundreds of popular forts, buildings and historical monuments are located here. Every year millions and millions of tourists from various parts of India and around the world visit these places. Let us discuss some of these top places to visit.
TOP PLACES TO VISIT IN UP :-
- Taj Mahal – If you on a tour to UP and not visit here is something close to impossible. It is located in Agra district of UP. It was constructed by Mughal King Shah Jahan in the memory and is dedicated to his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It took around 20 years to complete it.
It is built on the combined theme of Indo-Islamic and Mughal architecture. It has total 4 Minarets standing at the 4 corners of its base. The river Yamuna passes just nearby to it.
The major attractions for tourists here are beautifully sculptured walls and tombs. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is included in “7 Wonders in the World”. Every year 70-80 lakh tourists visit here.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple – It is situated in Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh. It is a very holy, well renowned and sacred place for the Hindus. It is one of the twelve sacred Jyotirlingas in accordance to the Hindu religion. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
It was built by Raja Man Singh I and later redeveloped by Maharani Ahilyabai Holkar. It was destroyed by Mughal King Aurangzeb that is why Ahilyabai Holkar reconstructed it.
It has find its place in many sacred Granths of Hindus and many great saints have visited here. Every year on Shivratri festival and even on other days, lakhs of devotees visit the temple.
- Triveni Sangam – It is a place in Allahabad district of Utter Pradesh where three rivers namely Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati meets.
It is a sacred place for Hindus where they take the holy bath as according to many Hindu sacred books taking bath here flush away all sins.
In a period of every 12 years, Kumbh Mela is held here in which lakhs of tourists and devotees from every corner of India and different parts of the world visit here.
- Jhansi Fort – It is commonly known as Jhansi Ka Kila. It is located in Jhansi district of Uttar Pradesh. It was built in the year 1613 by Bundela King. Stone, lime and lead are majorly used to built it. It played a major role in the 18th century revolution by Rani Laxmi Bai for the independence of India from the Britishers. Every year Jhansi Mahotsav is organized in the month of January and Feburary in which prominent artists and musicians display their skills. It is a major attraction for tourists visiting Uttar Pradesh.
- Sarnath Museum – It was established in the year 1910 by the Archaeological Survey of India to preserve their findings from various sites locates in Sarnath. Here majority of the findings are of Buddhist art and sculpture. Ashoka’s Lion Capital is the main attraction for tourists visiting here.