It is a meditative asana. Kneel down on the ground or floor with your knees, ankles and toes touching the ground. Your toes should be stretched backwards. At this time, the breathing should be deep , even and slow . Then expand your chest forward and pull your abdominal portion inwards.
- It is helpful in improving concentration .
- It is helpful in curing dysentery , back pain and chest diseases.
- It enhances memory pow
- It cures the problems related to menstruation .
- It cures mental stress.
Sit down on the ground with legs stretched forward. Now fold the left leg at the knee and sit on the left foot. Fold the right leg and keep the right thigh on the left thigh with the help of your hands. Now lift your buttocks and bring the heels of both feet together so that they should touch each other . Now fold your left arm behind the back under the right shoulder. After that bend your fingers of both the hands and clasp each other. At this time your head and back should be erect. Then, repeat the same in reverse position.
- It makes the leg muscles strong and elastic .
- It helps in keeping the shoulder joints healthy, flexible and strong.
- It helps in staying fit and strong.
- Regular practice of this asana helps in the treatment of sciatica.
- It also reduces stress and anxiety.
Lie down on your back on a plain surface . Keep your feet together and place your arms beside your body. Take a deep breath . When you exhale bring your knees towards your chest. At the same time press your thighs on your abdomen. Clasp your hands around your legs. Hold the asana when you breathe normally. Every time you inhale, ensure that you loosen the grip . Exhale and release the pose after you rock and roll from side to side about 3 times .
- It eases the tension in lower back.
- It enhances the blood circulation in pelvic area.
- It aids weight loss.
- It tones the arm ,leg and buttocks.