1. Use money to gain control over time, because the ability to do what you want, when you want, with whom you want , for as long as you want to, pays the highest dividend that exists in finance.
2. Wealth is what you don’t see, its hidden, it is the oncome that you have not spent and that is the fastest way to be wealthy, not spending the money you have and doing its opposite will never make you wealthy.
3. Wealth is just the accumulated leftovers after you spend what you take in. And since you can build wealth without a high income, but have no chance of building wealth without a high savings rate, its clear which one matters more.
4. Do not aim to be coldly rational( by looking at the spreadsheet) when making financial decisions. Aim to just be pretty reasonable. Reasonable is more realistic and you have a better chance of sticking with it for the long run.
5. Like everything else worthwhile, successful investing demands a price. But its currency is volatility, fear, doubt, uncertainity, and regret and you have to view them as fees( a price worth paying to get something nice in exchange).