Playing games is one of the best way to make us fit, active and fresh. Yes, playing games teaches you to be a disciplined person and also the importance of brotherhood.Okay, let’s get to the point. Talk about the game we like. Let me ask you, Which game do you like very much? Most of us would answer, I love cricket. Yes, it is the most likable game in India. The sense of watching cricket gives us a pleasure. I hope you all know a little bit about cricket and I said so because I too know a little bit about cricket. Then, let me ask, do you like men’s cricket or women’s cricket? Have you ever watched women’s cricket? I am asking you this type of question because most of us like only men’s cricket. It’s becausethe crase for men players is higher than women players. Let me share my thoughts about a women cricketer named Mithali Raj. Have you ever heard this name? I hope you would have heard about her. Mithali Raj is the captain of Women’s ODI and Test cricket in India. She is the highest run scorer in Women’s International Cricket.
Mithali Dorai Raj was born on 3rd December 1982 at Jodhour, Rajasthan. Her father’s name is Dorai Raj and he was a Warrant Officer in Indian Air Force. Her mother’s name is Leela Raj. Now, she lives in Hyderabad, Telangana. She completed her high school studies in Keyes High School For Girls. She completed her intermediate studies in Secunderabad. Mithali Raj started to play cricket at her age 10. She used to play with her elder brother. She started her cricket coaching in school days. She used to play with Puurnima Rau, Anjum Chopra during her start of the career and played for Air India.
MITHALI RAJ’S CRICKET CAREER
- She was named in probables in the 1997 Women’s Cricket WorldCup but she couldn’t make it in the final squad.
- With her constant efforts she played her first one day debut in 1999 against Ireland and scored 114 runs.
- At the age of 29, she broke the recored of one’s individual score by beating Karen Roltan in 2002. But in 2004, a pakistan player surpassed Mithali Raj’s record.
- In 2005, she led the Indian team to the Women’s World Cup finals for the first time but they lost to Australia since they proved too strong.
- In 2013, She ranked first at ODI chart in the World Cup held that year.
- In February 2017, She scored 5500 runs in the WODI ans she was the second player to score 5500 runs.
- Soon after that in July 2017, She became the first player to score 6000 runs in the WODI.
- Also, in 2017 World Cup, she led the team to the finals and lost to England by 9 runs.
- In order to make team India mark it’s place in ODI, She retired from T20 International Cricket in 2019. This statement was made by her in the BCCI press meet.
- In 2019, she was marked as the Captain of Women’s ODI against England.
AWARDS AND HONOURS FOR MITHALI RAJ
- In 2003, she won the Arjuna Award which is given to person who excel in sports.
- In 2015, She won Padma Shri which is the fourth highest Civilian honor of India.
- In 2017, She was given Youth Sports Icon of Excellence Award.
- In 2017, She was awarded as the Vougue Sportsperson of the Year.
- In 2020, She was nominated for he Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the award, ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade.
Other than being a right hand batsman, she is also a occasional bowler for India. These achievements prove how hardworking and confident she is!! Women in India are all very talented and high spirited. Yes, every woman is trying to be the best in her field. Mithali Raj is an example for the best women cricketer. Like her, you should try to prove yourself by your achievements rather than complaining or being feared for something. Everybody, come on let’s make India be filled with achievers.
Some reference links