Hello guys!!Today’s topic is about embroidery of India.
Embroidery is the craft of decorating fabric or other materials using a needle to apply thread or yarn.
In India the embroidery designs are formed on the basis of the texture and the design of the fabric and the stitch.
They generally use dot and the alternate dot, the circle, the square, the triangle, and permutations and combinations of these and develop the design .The range of varieties is unlimited and designing to stitching every step is different from each other .
- Banjara embroidery
- Banni or Heer Bharat (Gujarat)
- Chamba Rumal (Himachal Pradesh)
- Chikankari (Uttar Pradesh)
- Gota (Jaipur, Rajasthan)
- Kamal kadai(Andhra Pradesh)
- Kantha (Bengal)
- Karchobi – Rajasthan
- Kasuti or Kasuthi (Karnataka)
- Kathi (Gujarat)
- Kutch or Aribharat
- Kutchi bharat/Sindhi stitch (Gujarat)
- Kashmiri embroidery
- Mukaish Work- (similar to chikankari) -Lucknow
- Phool Patti ka Kaam (Uttar Pradesh)
- Phulkari (Punjab and Haryana)
- Pichwai (Rajasthan)
- Pipli (Odisha)
- Rabari (Rajasthan and Gujarat)
- Shamilami (Manipur)
- Shisha or Mirrorwork (Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan)
- Toda embroidery
- Zardozi or Zari or kalabattu
- From :wikipedia
There are all different styles developed in different states giving them a tinge. Depicting their own traditions and culture through their work
Each state style gives of an unique mix to the Indian embroidery.
Each style is influenced by the fashion and attire they follow ,these styles are developed from their ancestors and Indian embroidery is famous for its simple yet classy look.
Embroidery is an art of fabric they make art pieces from a single piece of cloth and thread .