The term motivation is derived from the word ‘Motive’. Motive is a combination of thought, feeling or condition that causes one to act. Motivation is that force which incites individual to perform some activation.
Types of Motivation
- Intrinsic Motivation :- Intrinsic motivation is internal. It occurs when person are compelled to do something out of pleasure, importance or desire. Motivation is always intrinsic when it comes from within oneself.
- Extrinsic Motivation :- It occurs when eternal factors compel the person to do something. Reward,punishment, praise, blame or cash prize are example of extrinsic motivation.
Techniques of Motivation
- Goal Setting :- If you don’t set a goal, you cannot achieve apex position in your life.
- Elaborate Arrangement of competition :- Without extensive arrangement of competitions one can’t perform well in such competitions.
- Healthy Environment :- Healthy environment consists of good climate, proper wealth, humidity and temperature etc. In such healthy environment one can exhibit good performance in competition.
- Motivational Music :- It is a good way to motivate someone.
- Positive Attitude :- For proper motivation the one should try to encourage positive attitude among themselves.