Theme this day and importance. Ways we can adopt, protect, and cherish our feline friends, and Important facts to know about them.
Theme : ‘ BE CAT CURIOUS’
Cats: Fluffy, mature, savage, intellectually and emotionally sharp, and blessed divine gifts. Besides my intense love for them let’s dive into some scientific knowledge about cats. The cat is a domestic, small carnivorous mammal. It’s Binomial Name is Felis Catus. Often, they are called Domestic Cats to distinguish them from the Wild Cats. Usual types of cats: Farm cat, a house cat or a feral cat. Around 7500BC, Cats are known to be first domesticated in the Near East especially in the Ancient Egypt.
Cats have inborn hunting and territorial characteristics. it’s very, very important for them to survive. Being wary of humans and other animals helps them not to fall in the traps of horrific poachers and deadly animals. There are terrible people who lure cats in just to torture, sell your pets by kidnapping them, and all of this just for alleged “Fun” or “Money”. Abuse surrounding feline creatures have been growing. You can not only protect your cat partners but also donate, foster, food drive, neuter drive, and protect animals around you as well. Remember that your one act of kindness gives a safe home for cats. It isn’t necessary to care for them by bringing them home.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For their safety and wellness, make sure your cat wears a safety collar and an ID tag.
Cats are naturally curious and love to explore. Due to vehicles (Crossing road or sleeping under cars for shade), poachers, coyotes, owls, and what not. Obviously, we don’t want to rob outside life from cats just to keep them completely safe since indoor things or genetic diseases can hurt them as well.
It is always better to train them about goods and bad, cat-friendly leashes for walking if they like it, and taking precautions. You can take following steps to care for them:
- Build an outdoor Catio.
- Do not put bells on their collars
- Have a back-up caretaker, like a neighbor(Not completely), siblings, or a trusted friend.
- VACCINATIONS! VACCINATIONS like rabies, feline leukemia and feline distemper vaccine.
- Always leave a bowl of extra food and water before you go out.
- Tend to injuries immediately.
- GET AN ID TAG! An ID tag has the cat’s name and your phone number.
- Do not declaw very often They need it to protect themselves.
- Neutering cats might feel a little extreme, but it is for their own safety.
- Get acknowledged with flea-, tick-, and intestinal parasite–preventive medications with veterinary directions. About 250 heritable genetic disorders have been identified in cats,
- Cats can actually taste the air.
- A cat can also heal itself by purring.
- Cats love milk, they are actually lactose intolerant and must avoid it.
- A female cat can be referred to as a molly or a queen, and a male cat is often labeled as a tom.
- A cat’s nose is as distinctive as a human’s fingerprint.
- Left paw is typically their dominant paw.
- Cats are known to represent mythic symbols of divinity.
- Cats can jump up to six times their length.
Look out for stray cats if you can’t adopt them. NGOs conduct neuter drive, food drive, fostering kittens or adult cats. You can donate to them who take actions and take baby steps while learning how to help and advocate for stray cats.
- Adopt a senior cat.
- Foster newborn babies.
- Donate for the cause.
- If possible, start a group to gather money and have a checkup of cats around you.
- Give them loads of love, you will never ever regret it.
Cats are so precious beings. They will be your parent, sibling, baby, best friends forever, nanny, ninja cat just for biting and licking afterwards. Their varies personalities will amaze you and fill you with love. They are truly one of the best companions.
Categories: Education, Entertainment, Learning, News, News Update