TOP 5 HOMEMADE ORGANIC FERTILIZERS FOR YOUR KITCHEN GARDEN.
Now a days many of the urban people has turned towards organic kitchen farming.
Continuous usage of chemical fertilizers has made a havoc among people specially parents those who always look forward for better health.
Excessive fertilizers are reason behind memory loss, weak appetite, dull-dark skin etc.
Turning towards organic kitchen farming is a better way of avoiding such issues, but again people from urban cities faces problem of time management and of course organic fertilizers are actually expensive
Here in this article, I have shared my best 5 organic solutions which you can use for your many of the fruits and flower bearing plants.
COW DUNG FERTILIZER:
1.COW DUNG FERTILIZER: Most known organic fertilizer, from ancient times cow dung was treated as gold, Now, we have lesser knowledge about it, Farmers used to preserve it by making their dry cakes.
- Take two glasses of water in a vessel.
- Add a piece of dried piece or fully decomposed cow dung
- Keep the mixture for overnight.
Water will change the color to reddish yellow.
USAGE- you can use this solution to all leafy, fruit and flower bearing plants
This solution is used in every season except harsh summer season.
TEA LEAVES FERTILIZER:
2.TEA LEAVES FERTILIZER:
Another very easy and accessible liquid fertilizer is tea leaves fertilizer. Some of our garden plants need a bit acidic soil such as rose plant, money plant etc. To fulfill their needs this fertilizer is used.
- First you need to prepare tea leaves, which you can do easily storing used tea leaves of 5-6 days.
- At least you need 2 proper washes to remove milk particles.
- Dry them for 3 days. Now your tea leaves are ready for becoming fertilizers.
- Take a bowl full of water mix the above granules of tea leaves and keep them for 24 hours, you will observe yellowish solution.
- Stain the fertilizer and use in flower bearing plants
Usage- You can use this fertilizer in winters only.
BANANA PEEL FERTILIZER:
3.BANANA PEEL FERTILIZER:
If you know many of the agriculture consultant prescribe NPK fertilizers for complete growth of plants, where ‘P’ stands for potassium which is basically required for proper and healthy flowers in plant. So here is the organic substitute for potash-based fertilizer, BANANA PEEL FERTILIZER.
- You will need at 6 dried or semi dried peels of banana.
- Take a tumbler full of water.
- Keep this mixture for 24 hours.
You can use this solution specially for Hibiscus plant and many other flowering plants, which bear flower in all seasons.
Now last two solutions are for fulfilling the requirement of micro-nutrients.
ONION PEEL FERTILIZER:
4. ONION PEEL FERTILIZER:
The most used vegetable in our kitchen is onion, So, why not to make its waste a benefit.
Onion peels are very rich in micro nutrients which can be used as a supplement for our green leafy vegetables such as spinach, pepper mint, bitter guard etc.
- Collect dried peel of almost 6-7 medium sized onion.
- Take two jugs of water.
- Soak the peels for 48 hours
Observe the brown color of the solution and your fertilizer is ready for use.
EGG SHELL FERTILIZER:
5. EGG SHELL FERTILIZER:
The last and magical solution for the organic lovers is egg shell fertilizer,
You would have heard about different animal-based fertilizers such bone meal, blood meal etc.
egg shell fertilizer is also among those fertilizers. Common constituents of egg shells are calcium carbonate and magnesium this is what our plants ask for.
- Basic need of this is obviously egg shells, you can take 7-8 shells of egg.
- Crush them properly and make a coarse powder.
- Mix it with water.
- Let it settle for 3 days.
- Stain the mixture. Solution is ready for use.
I hope you all find it helpful. If you all want more gardening tips, please don’t forget to mention them in comments below.