At Bryant & Stratton College, we understand busy students want to fast-track their new career by pursuing the fastest online degree possible. There are several things students can do in order to accelerate their academic journey from point A to Point Z. With a little planning and careful attention to detail, receiving an online degree in your desired field of study
may require less time than you think.
Here are tips on how to acquire the fastest online degree to enhance your career and amplify your earning potential.
- Plan carefully. While it’s true that a degree increases your earning potential, it’s important that your degree is in a field you’re interested in or is relevant to your career goals. If you aren’t sure what you want to do, make an appointment with a career counselor. Pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses to hone in on the areas of study that interest you most. Your coursework will proceed more efficiently if you pursue an online degree in an area of study that highlights your strengths, and will be useful to you in your future career(s).
- Transfer credits. Have you taken the occasional college class here and there? Did you attend a 4-year university but drop out before you completed your studies? Don’t negate any transcripts you have on record at previous colleges or vocational schools. Work with admissions counselors and prioritize programs that are the most accepting of your previous credits. You may need to be your own advocate when it comes to transferring certain credits but your diligence will pay off. A few credits accepted here and there could shave months off the time it takes to get your degree, and will save you money as well.
- Go full speed ahead. It can be hard to imagine how a part- or full-time class schedule will fit into your busy life. However, the fact remains that approximately 6.7 million students are finding the time to take online classes each year. While it may be tempting to get your degree class by class, the path to the fastest online degree is the one that includes the most credits completed per semester. Try to take as many classes as you can at a time. Remember that online classes are incredibly flexible, which makes it easier to take multiple courses at once.
- Look for accelerated programs. Since online classes are so flexible, many colleges offer accelerated programs that allow students to get through their courses more quickly. Here at Bryant & Stratton, we offer courses that are 7.5 weeks long, which can help students move through their degree program at an accelerated pace.
- Take advantage of financial aid. If you are concerned about finances, make an appointment with a Bryant & Stratton Financial Aid Counselor. You may be eligible for grants and scholarships that don’t have to be repaid. Low-interest education loans can also be used to fund your education and they can be repaid using flexible payment plans. The sooner you complete your degree, the sooner you will be able to get that coveted promotion, or climb the career ladder towards a higher paying job.
If you are looking for the fastest online degree in your desired area of study, contact the Admissions Office
at Bryant & Stratton College. Our counselors will design a graduation plan to fit your time frame.