As job-search efforts ramp up across a battered economy, job-hunters need every effective tool that can find. LinkedIn is one of the most robust tools available, with a wealth of tools, resources, and processes to help connect you with the right job. Best of all? It’s free, and really easy to use!
During the presentation, acclaimed career coach Kim Dority shared her unique perspectives on just how to utilize LinkedIn for your professional needs.
Kim also covered how to :
- Identify and use all of LinkedIn’s job-search options, including targeted alerts
- Optimize all of the sections of your Profile to stand out to potential employers
- Develop and execute a strategy to enable your connections to help you find the right job
Watch Recorded Webinar Now
Kim’s Key Take-Aways:
- Enhance your visibility to employers by completely building out your LinkedIn profile.
- Research industries, companies, and careers to get a comprehensive sense of your job and career options.
- Explore job openings to understand the possibilities, assess your competitiveness, and see what interests you.
- Apply for jobs via LinkedIn or through the company’s website.
- Prepare for the interview by researching your interviewer, company, and industry.
Kim’s Recommended Resources
Build Your Career Opportunities on LinkedIn, by Kim Dority, https://www.bryantstratton.edu/career-life-prep
How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Other Social Networks, by Brad and Debra Schepp
Job Searching with Social Media, by Joshua Waldman