Yoga is derived from Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ (verb) which means unite. Yog means union of individual soul with the absolute soul. It also means unification of physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual aspects of human being
Benefits of Yoga
- Physical Purity :- There are three substance in our body i.e; vaat, pitt and kaph. If these three substance is in proper balance we may remain healthy. Neti, Dhoti, Nauli, Basti, Tratak etc. are some yogic exercise which keep internal organ of our body in clean state.
- Reduces Mental Tension :- Prathyahar, Dharna and Dhyan plays important role for restoring peace of mind. Makarasana, Shavasana, Shalabhasana are benefical for releasing stress.
- Spiritual Develpoment :- We can generate good control on our mind by doing regular exercises. Padmasana and Siddhasana are the best asana for spiritual development.
- Increase Flexibility :- Flexibility plays a significant role in every ones life. Flexibility makes the body movement efficiently. Chakrasana, Dhanurasana, Halasana, Bhujangasana are beneficial for increasing flexibility.
- Reduces Obesity :- Nowadays obesity is worldwide problem. Obese people may suffered from various diseases. Pranayama and meditative asana reduces obesity.
Physiological Benefits of Asana
- Bones and joints become strong.
- Muscles become strong.
- Circulation of blood becomes normal.
- Improves Immune system.
- Respiratory organ become efficient.
Physiological Benefits of Pranayamas
- Improves the supply of oxygen.
- Enhance elimination of waste product.
- Lungs become strong.
- Reduces stress.
- Purifies nervous system.
You must be logged in to post a comment.