Anything that changes any natural process is considered to be bad. Supplements used to increase body metabolism by artificial processes are also not good for health, but not all.
What are supplements ?
Supplements include vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and herbs. They are marketed in many different forms like in tablets, capsules, pills or other forms.
Some common supplements
- Green tea
- Vitamin D
- Fish oil
Why supplements are bad ?
It is a less known fact that there is no safety testing of the supplements by FDA. There is no such rule that the potential adverse effects be mentioned on the supplements.
Many people using supplements since decades, don’t even know about the harmful effects of supplements. They just use in the hope of maybe curing some allergies or minor diseases. But supplements are not always safe and beneficial.
Some multivitamins are not known to cause health risks but it’s better to be cautious. Many supplements contain some ingredients that may cause severe biological effects. They may complicate your health any lead to harmful effects.
Things to know before using supplements
- Although some supplements come from natural sources, that doesn’t mean they are safe to use.
- Some supplements may contain many contaminants like drugs or chemicals that make them of poor quality.
- Do not at any cost combine any supplements.
- It is also advised to not take supplements along with medicines.
- Do not substitute supplements for the prescribed medicines.
- Do not consume supplements in a large quantity.
- Always speak with your healthcare provider before taking any supplements.
You must be logged in to post a comment.