Anger is a human emotion. But when its get out of control, it leads to destruction in your relationship, workplace, and etc. It is a unpredictable and powerful emotion, which makes you regret after some time. In this blog, we are going to counter the following topics – What is anger? Types of anger, what is anger management? Anger management techniques, disadvantages of Anger.
What is Anger?
Anger is an intense emotion you feel when something has gone wrong or someone has wronged you. Anger is also a emotion like others. Everyone at some other the point will become angry. When you get angry, your heart beat and blood pressure go up. It can be caused by both internal and external events. You can get angry on a person, an event, or a problem. Also your adrenaline, and noradrenalin levels go up. Anger can have many physical and mental consequences. The external expression of anger can be found in facial expression, body language, and etc.
Types of Anger
- Passive aggressive – It is the indirect way to express negative feeling towards a person.
- Behavioral – it is a type of anger that is expressed physically. It is usually aggressive.
- Overwhelmed – It is a uncontrollable type of anger, it usually causes when a situation is beyond our control. This type of anger results in hopeless situation.
What is Anger management?
Anger management is the way to manage and control your anger. The goal of anger management is to control your emotional feelings that cause anger. It helps you to control your reactions.
Anger management techniques
- Think before you speak – it’s easy to say something, But it often regrets, we cannot take our words back. Take few seconds and think and speak. Do not react so fast.
- Once you calm, explain the reason for your anger – Once you calm down, explain the person the reason behind your anger. Make them understand. This is the best way to control your anger.
- Relax – Sometimes anger and frustration is caused by problems in our lives, surrounding, etc. Close your eyes and take a deep breathe, think solution for problem, causes for the problem, reasons for problem, and etc. This help you to get solution for your problem.
- Change your environment – Sometimes changing your environment helps you to change your mood. Go to a place where you can get peace.
- Do some exercise – physical exercises helps you to reduce your anger. If you feel anger, and just do some exercise like jogging, walking, etc.
- Spend time with your friends – Spending time with your friends help you to feel better. Explain them the cause for your anger. Get support from them.
Disadvantages of Anger
- Outburst of Anger may result in heart attack – Anger may effect on our cardiac health, it doubles the chance to get heart attack.
- It shortens your life span – In a study, it was found that the person who angers often has short life span.
- It weakens our immune system – You may not believe this but, it is true anger weakens our immune system. Anger imbalance our hormones, which weakens our immune system.
That’s all from my side. I hope you like it.