The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented time all across the world. Worldwide, extensive social distancing policies are put into place, restricting people’s daily activities and worldwide pleas from governments asking people to stay safe and stay at home. This of course means that most people will spend much of their time (if not all) at home.
These social distancing measures mean that people have far fewer opportunities to be physically active, especially if activities such as walking or cycling as transportation, or taking part in a leisurely activity (e.g. jogging, walking the dog, going to the gym) are being restricted. Furthermore, these drastic measures also make it so much easier to be sedentary at home for long periods of time. The impact of this physical inactivity may very likely be seen in many areas such as health and social care and the mental well-being of people all across the globe Though this social distancing is the need of now , but physical activities are also the need of now.
In light of the current situation worldwide, certain benefits of physical activity may be specifically pertinent to the COVID-19 Pandemic. These benefits are:
- Physical activity enhances immune function and reduces inflammation therefore it could reduce the severity of infections which will automatically leads to good health.
- Physical activity improves common chronic conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19 (i.e. Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes) , but taking these physical activities in your daily lives , risk of death due to corona virus will reduce .
- Physical activity is a great stress management tool by reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Physical activity helps bring cortisol levels in balance. Stress and distress (such as during a pandemic) creates an imbalance in cortisol levels and this negatively influences immune function and inflammation.
- Instead of always keeping an eye on your phone & laptops keeping an eye on your physical activities will leads to rest for your eyes, neck, & back.
We all know that this pandemic will stay with us for a long go , even if you are save with no corona virus symptoms , poor physical health will lead you to major heath issues . Instead of surrounding yourself with heath problems , indulge yourself into physical exercise, like yoga , meditation , exercise ,etc. ” STAK HOME , STAY SAFE , INDULGE YOUR SELF WITH INDOOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITES & HENCE SATY FIT”.