The rise of health issues like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure continues to proliferate with a demand for dieting to lose weight for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. With the tempting delicious food in the restaurants, and the fast foods available right at our doorsteps it may be quite difficult to achieve and maintain a much wanted healthy lifestyle. Everyone who wish to lose weight seem to have ample of options to diet. Each diet has a particular lifestyle and to obtain the best results one has to strongly stick as religiously as possible. Paleo diet was the Google’s most searched for weight loss method in the recent years. It is one of the most popular diets of today and people who have undertaken such a diet find it to be really effective.
As compared to all other fad diets, the Paleo diet is one that holds a unique place as it is principled and based on ancient history. The paleo diet also known as the caveman diet is based around eating plants and wild animals. The diet is based on the foods that would have been hunted, fished and gathered during the stone age era and hence the name caveman diet. A paleo diet is rich in vegetables, fruits, and nuts-all elements of a healthy diet. Foods such as meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruits and berries are often associated with the diet. It includes meat though preferably unprocessed meet, the wilder the better. Some get to sound this strange and weird because many have a basic idea that diets are often linked with easting less food and which are completely devoid of meat.
It is not a form of diet that promotes starvation or crash dieting rather it educates how to basically enhance the food choices for a healthy result. The aim of a paleo diet is to return to a way of eating that’s more like what early humans ate. Some of the food that should be avoided in a paleo diet are grains like wheat, oats, barley, legumes, potatoes, dairy products, salt and refined sugar. The diet also emphasizes drinking lot of water and being physically active everyday. Over the clinical trials by comparing the paleo diet to other eating diet plans, paleo diet may provide some benefits when compared with diets with fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, legumes and low fat dairy products.
- Paleo dieting deals with cutting out grains, starches and processed foods which means you will be cutting out a lot of sugar. If your body is used to consuming sugar daily, you might initially lose some of its short term energy and boosting properties.
- Some experts caution against the paleo dieting because eliminating dairy can leave you with lower levels of calcium and vitamin D so this could put you at risk of developing osteoporosis, bone fractures or rickets and other critical bone diseases.
- If you are not careful about the types of proteins you intake, the diet can put at increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease for instance, red meat is high in saturated fats, which can raise blood cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease.
- Consuming the paleo diet-recommended amount of saturated fats can increase the risk of kidney and heart diseases.
- Promotes healthy blood glucose level.
- Better blood pressure control
- More weight loss
- Better appetite management
- Improved satiety
- Improved cholesterol balance
The food which the paleo diet comprises find their importance in gastrointestinal health and over all inflammation levels. Many anecdotal stories of people’s improved health and well being on the Paleo diet have had positive results regarding blood glucose and cholesterol levels. For significant dietary change, it is best to consult a doctor before diving into the Paleo diet. It is always prominent to work with your doctor and pay keen attention to how your body responds because paleo dieting doesn’t work the same way for everyone.