Floods in Maharashtra

Navi Mumbai Weather Update: As rain lashes city, NNMC shares monsoon  estimates for Vashi, Belapur, Nerul and Airoli
when it rained,
after days, after months,
after years, I felt alive
when the rain touched,
my cheeks, they blushed,
and grinned. As they do,
when they meet a long-lost friend
i wanna go out and say hi,
say that it’s been rough,
without you,
but I can’t.
me grinning and blushing,
and dancing hands in hands,
in rain, would bring back wounds,
the ones that are healed,
the ones that are to be healed.

Climate change is real!

Maharashtra has been dealing with two disasters; Floods in the midst of this ongoing pandemic. These floods have posed a grave threats to all the people.

Maharashtra witnessed high-intensity floods due to the incessant rains over the past few weeks. At least 209 people have died due to the floods in Maharashtra and eight still remain missing. A total of 4,34,185 people from eight districts have been evacuated to safer places, as rescue operations continue.1Among the 209 fatalities, the Satara district reported 46 deaths, followed by 35 in Ratnagiri, 15 in Thane, seven in Kolhapur, four in Mumbai, three in Pune, four in Sindhudurg and two each in eastern Maharashtra’s Wardha and Akola districts.

A total of 3,221 animals have died. Meanwhile, the floodwater has entered the roads and fields, submerging many areas of the Sangli district in Maharashtra making it hard for people to commute from one place to another.

Heavy rainfall in Maharashtra has caused flooding in several areas of the state, including Kolhapur. Houses, roads, and commercial establishments remained partially submerged in floodwater in Kolhapur on Monday.

MUMBAI: Despite the fact that the rains have lessened this week after last week’s torrential downpour, Mumbai has already received 93 percent of the season’s average rainfall. The average rainfall for this season is 2205.8 mm, with 2052.7 mm recorded at the Santacruz observatory. There are two more months of monsoon left to cover the remaining 7% of the seasonal rain target.
While there were no rains at the IMD’s Colaba observatory, the Santacruz observatory recorded 4.3mm of rain, which is considered light rain. Significant weather systems, such as the offshore trough from Karnataka to Kerala’s coast, as well as the low pressure region, have become less prominent, according to IMD sources.
Most of the season’s rainfall so far has been recorded in a heavy rain spell restricted to just a few hours.
This resulted in significant water logging, as well as the loss of life and property. Since the start of the monsoons, IMD’s Santacruz observatory has recorded 235mm of rain on July 17-18, and 253mm on July 16-17. A total of 231.3mm fell in a 24-hour period between June 9 and 10. The IMD has issued a green alert till Thursday, indicating only light to moderate rain activity.

In these past months,