Type 2 diabetes is kind of a metabolic disorder which causes the sugar to accumulate in blood rather than getting used as a body fuel
Yes, you read me right. It is absolutely possible to cure all the health problem associated with your body with the aid of correct lifestyle modifications.
Before understanding what needs to be done we shall preface our readers about what exactly is Type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is kind of a metabolic disorder which causes the sugar to accumulate in blood rather than getting used as a body fuel. When we consume any sort of carbohydrate rich foods it enters the digestive tract and gets broken down to glucose. A hormone named as Insulin is released from pancreas and facilitates the entry of glucose into the cell. In case of Type 2 diabetes, cells become resistant to insulin and ignore it’s message to absorb glucose which is also called as Insulin-resistant. Additionally pancreas fails to secrete enough insulin required to trigger these insulin sensitive cells. The major cause of this disease is unhealthy eating habits, no physical movements, hypertension etc. In these circumstances, it is highly beneficial for a person to take charge of their health.
Following are the 5 best proven lifestyle modifications which are found to be effective –
- Eating healthy foods – There are few things which needs to be taken care of – firstly, cutting down your carb is important. What we generally consume is simple carbohydrate . Instead we can replace simple carbohydrate foods with complex carbohydrate which includes barley, non starchy vegetables and legumes. Adding them to your diet can also give a boost to your fiber intake.
- Reduction in sugar intake– Sugary items, aerated drinks, packaged sugar bars, cakes, wheat bread should be strictly avoided for a better health. Instead, opting for jiggery powder, stevia can serve as a good replacement of sugar. Opting for foods which has low glycemic index and low carbs are important for the long run.
- Loosing weight and increase protein intake – The primary goal for a person should be to maintain a proper BMI, anything above your normal BMI is harmful. For that cutting down processed foods, excessive oil and taking protein is the key. Not necessary one needs a whey protein isolate or any nutritional supplements which is used by youngsters or gym- goers these days. Look for natural protein like eggs, fish, soya beans, pulses instead which can help to enhance your lifestyle immensely and promotes a lean body mass.
Diets which are important for diabetes patients-
- Green leafy vegetables- Having this in your diet is essential as it is not only a good source of fiber but also have low carbs in it. They are assosciated with loads of essential phytonutrients, mineralsand vitamins. Adding salad to your diet at the beginning of the meal provides a balanced diet to your body.
- Nuts- Nuts like almonds, pistachios and walnuts can reduce the blood sugar level as well as risk of diabetes effectively.
- Apple cider vinegar – It is made from fermented apple juice and can effectively reduce the blood glucose levels after meals. Additionally it contains certain minerals as well as vitamins and acetic acid which becomes beneficial for them who are suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Berries- Berries are powerful anti-oxidants along with vitamin C and fiber. They are also essential in regulating the blood glucose levels and are proven effective in diabetes patients.
4. Doing some physical activity– Not necessary you need to join a gym but you can try home workout or yoga. Yoga is very helpful which can strike a balance between your mind and physical strength. Doing physical activities helps to improve metabolism. While you become more active, the muscles in your body takes up all the excess blood sugar as a result it helps in weight loss.
5. Managing stress– When you start taking too much stress you blood sugar level increases which causes your health to detoriate. Each and every things mentioned above are connected to stress. If you’re stressed then you may forget to eat properly or exercise which can do no good to your body. Hence, meditation plays an important role here. Once you start meditating you’ll be able to strike a balance between your stress and personal life. It is the need of the hour to start focusing more on your health rather than paying your bills later to your physicians.